Main Menu

The Batman (2021)

Started by Apestrife, 23 August, 2020, 08:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

I'm pretty sure Matt Reeves will do good by Batman.

DC fandom talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQiiWCOLiI
The Batman trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59rUQbVlIw

His aim is to make a more personal detective story. Really liked that aspect of the panel

Stand out for me in the trailer was Jeffrey Wright. His Gordon oozes Batman: Year one Gordon.

broodblik

Saw the trailer and I also think that Matt Reeves will work as Batman.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

karlos

Robin Low

Quote from: karlos on 23 August, 2020, 11:35:25 AM
That's a great trailer.

You're not kidding. I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely wasn't expecting that. I will miss Affleck's angry thug, but Pattinson seems like he's got the idea.

Regards,

Robin

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 23 August, 2020, 08:23:02 AM
Saw the trailer and I also think that Matt Reeves will work as Batman.

Meant to say that Robert Pattinson will work as Batman and not the director
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Professor Bear

We don't know that Pattinson wouldn't be a good director.

A mish-mash of stuff we've already seen a few times before - even the choice of song - but then I think if anyone did anything genuinely original with Batman, they'd probably be fired immediately.  Made me think of the Crow sequels more than anything else, tbh.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Professor Bear on 23 August, 2020, 07:09:25 PM
Made me think of the Crow sequels more than anything else, tbh.

That was exactly my first thought. The grim dark Batman has got very old and doesn't really have much to say in my mind. We don't need Adam West Batman here but there's more potential to the character than I'm seeing used at the moment.

broodblik

That is why we have the shiny happy people from the MCU given us a 40 movie marathon of brightness, light and one-liners of laughs.

I, Cosh

Finally, the Wraith remake we never knew we needed. He even has the same car.
We never really die.

Krakajac

There's a touch of 'se7en' in that trailer - which is no bad thing.

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 August, 2020, 07:49:40 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 23 August, 2020, 07:09:25 PM
Made me think of the Crow sequels more than anything else, tbh.

That was exactly my first thought. The grim dark Batman has got very old and doesn't really have much to say in my mind. We don't need Adam West Batman here but there's more potential to the character than I'm seeing used at the moment.

I can confess, this song did come to mind when seeing it first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVu-7obqXng

But I'll give them a pass, since the aim is to make a detective story. And it seems Reeves is planning a trilogy. I think he'll change it up a bit as he goes.

For some less serious and fun stuff, I'm positive the upcoming Flash movie will deliver   https://www.nme.com/news/film/ben-affleck-and-michael-keaton-to-both-return-as-batman-in-the-flash-2733687

sheridan

"The Crow" was trending yesterday.  Wonder why ;)

karlos

This, The Suicide Squad sneak and - yes! - Zack Snyder's Justice League trailer were easily the highlights of the DC Fandome online convention thingy, for me.

IndigoPrime

Get Burton and Keaton back and have them deliver a direct sequel to Returns, loosely based on DKR.

CalHab

We've had over 30 years years of DKR and Killing Joke setting the tone for Batman comics and adaptations. Can we please move on?