Main Menu

Board Competition - Redesign Judge Dredd

Started by Mr D, 11 February, 2004, 07:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VampiraJen

hopefully ezquerra won't be to pissed with us...

yes, yes, i know i said i would like to see a revamping of the uniform.

Matt Timson

How about...

This:http://heroes.chez.tiscali.fr/d-talks/images/mlawcannon.jpg">
Pffft...

Jared Katooie

Agh! No! Flashback to the 25th anniversary edition.

Mr D

Ok, initial prizes are as follows:

Gordon Rennie's Dredd Vs Death book
Our very own Gordon Rennie takes the plot of the Judge Dredd game, and makes it good! With far more backplot, and featuring all your Dredd faves, it's a really surprisingly great read!

Top Ten Book One
Need I really say any more?

Tom Strong Book 2
Alam Moore's ABC (America's Best Comic's) hero's second GN, with ANOTHER collection of great stories. And people who don't read ABC? Well, in Mr Strong's words, 'They're just scum Timmy'

Spiderman Strikes Back!
It's cheesy, it's classic, it's terrible but disturbingly watchable.... It's the original live action Spiderman movie!! Win a copy today!

The Complete Apocalypse War (unconfirmed)
Again... What more can I say?

Bolt-01

Very nice Mr D.

Mini Bolt is entering too. He's only 12.

Bolt-01

Mr D

Excellent! It's nice to see younger readers getting involved with the site a bit!

VampiraJen

i've been giving this a go, and bloody hell, it's not as easy as it seems.  hats off to ezquerra...

Bolt-01

Oh yes, its not easy.

The problem is that the basic image of Dredd is so strong, everything else comes off as diluted.

hmmm....

Bah, mini bolt has done 3, count 'em, different versions overnight. Pah!

Bolt-01

Dunk!

Interesting challenge though this is, my attempts at coming up with an image have all ended with me remembering how great it is to draw original costume Dredd and therefore doing a sketch of just that.

What to change? Erm nothing it's just too embedded in my mind. The man and the costume are one.
"Trust we"

Matt Timson

I agree- it's very hard!  Mine looks like shit...
Pffft...

Mr D

This is why I'll accept text entries!! When you actually draw a new version of such an established character, it might seem 'wrong'. So I suggest you start from scratch with drawn designs (not start again, but forget his current costume entirely and build on your ideas of a good 'judge' costume) or write your ideas down!

But you don't have to

Trout

"Mini Bolt is entering too. He's only 12."

Oi!

Stewards' inquiry!

Using sympathy so your kid gets a GN that you can then read all the damn time is clearly cheating!

I demand absolute impartiality in all decisions Dribbles.

Or maybe I'll just have the Bolts dismantled...

Mwah hah hah hah hah...

- Trout

Jared Katooie

"Using sympathy so your kid gets a GN that you can then read all the damn time is clearly cheating!"

You just wish you'd thought of it yourself Troutster!

Speaking of prizes, I know I've turned them down myself but my dog is very sick and she really loves Alan Moores work...

Trout

"You just wish you'd thought of it yourself Troutster!"

Yes. So what?

Er, how do I get sympathy?

Well, my favourite torture victim died on the rack last night, and now I'm a bit bored.

Will that get me sympathy?

- Trout

Proudhuff

Didn't McGruder try this redesign before:

DDT did a job on me