Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I think it's my odd changing sleep cycle. I usually work 10 hour night shifts 4 day a week and due to travel time etc only get around 4-5 hours sleep (sometimes less) on those days. Thankfully I get a nice long weekend to recover, (even longer this week due to holiday, as mentioned) . So I usually get a really long 8-12 hours on the Saturday. Trouble is it kind of throws the sleep cycle out meaning I feel tired earlier in the day than I ought to, then by work day again, I'm tired.

I woke at 6am this morning, drifted off then again around 8:30ish. I'm working tonight. Aaah!

I'll try and get a bit more shut eye for a couple of hours....

Moaning aside, I'm grateful for the job.

Dandontdare

I now often have a 20-30 min nap in the break room at work after lunch - that's a sign of age!

Mardroid

Heh. I'd be worried I'd sleep to long. Mind you, we only have 30 minutes breaks.

James Stacey

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 March, 2018, 05:57:23 PM
Happy birthday! Less than three weeks away from 43 myself.
I was going to say I'd be 43 in a week but I'm going to be 44 and now I'm sad :(

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 March, 2018, 12:54:25 PM
I now often have a 20-30 min nap in the break room at work after lunch - that's a sign of age!

I used to do that. Have my lunch, read for a bit and then nap in a darkened office for half an hour.

The only problem with that was it used to make me quite sluggish in the afternoons.
I used to be a night owl but when my Son was born that all changed. Once he was about 3 or 4 he would always be up and awake at 5.30-6am so I used to get up with him and allow my Wife another hour in bed.

Now he's the one that lays in (he's nearly 14) but I still have the habit of getting up early.

Dandontdare

I tend to feel quite energised after a short nap, but an hour or more and it's hard to shake off the sleepiness. The downside is that I set the alarm on my phone and when it goes off and I startle awake, everyone else in the break room finds it highly amusing.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Because my kids and I have finally found time to start watching Ash Vs Evil Dead season two, and tonight we cracked open a large bag of popcorn and did episodes 1-3.

Oh my giddy aunt! It's even better than season one! And episode two, specifically the morgue scene, has to go down as one of the best and funniest/ most disgusting things I've ever seen in a TV show. The three of us were actually crying with laughter. And the cliffhanger to episode three came from completely left field and again, left us agape.
There is literally nothing wrong with this show, it is almost too perfect.
SBT

Mardroid

That scene cracked me up too... although maybe  I could have done without the brown gunk...
[Spoiler]Love how he spends ages cutting open corpses before noticing the obvious post mortem before the infamous possessed intestine corpse head puppet bit, too.[/spoiler]

Unfortunately it seems that scene didn't go down well with a lot of viewers the US as the viewing figure went down. Heh.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Yes, a season four is looking more unlikely all the time, but, as with the movies, if we only end up with a trilogy, I guess that'll be fine. As long as they end season three with a proper ending (which they say they will), I'll be happy.

Another thing that is sort of okay: I got a new job. Same as the old job, but a better company. Go me.
SBT

Proudhuff

Go you SBT!!

Nefarious juggling of shifts has meant another long weekend for me... an old git could get used to this  ;)
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Why thank you, Mr Huff. Now all I need is a start date...

Satanist

It's my last day of work today as I'm getting laid off. I've decided that I'll have at least 3 months before job hunting to become a house husband and watch the kids over the school holidays.

Wa-Hoo!  :)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Fungus

Satanist, you're weird but I know *exactly* what you mean  :D

Tiplodocus

Oh that will be great! Hope the new job hunting is of equal fun.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 24 April, 2018, 11:14:07 AM
It's my last day of work today as I'm getting laid off. I've decided that I'll have at least 3 months before job hunting to become a house husband and watch the kids over the school holidays.

Wa-Hoo!  :)
The period after my last redundancy was about the most fun I've had as an adult.
We never really die.