Main Menu

Cover Collection.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 August, 2003, 12:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

The posters thread has thrown up the idea of a large format collection of covers. Jock and Frazer Irving have both said they think it's a good idea and could contribute sketches for their covers. Would you be interested in buying such a book? Register your vote on the main page poll. And if you answered 'Depends' list your conditions here.

ukdane

Doesn't this site have a perfectly good and acceptable collection of the covers?
Cheers

-Daney

longmanshort

They are art after all ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

John Caliber

I'd be motre interested in collecting the Eagle Comics covers by Bolland and McMahon to be honest ... in both their orignal, b/w and colourised formats.

- John
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

maryanddavid

i suggested this in a post a while ago,what id like th see iw a bolland collection of ALL his covers pin ups and related covers ie games worshop eagle comics and poster, this could be accompanied by artist and eds commentries, this could be applied to othe artists as well, id def buy them so long as i liked the artist

Art

Well, a  selection of early covers would make great additional material for a collected Thrill Power Overload, hint hint.

Buddy

I'd like to see a collection of covers of as much 2000ad related material as possible.

The comic, Titan collecions, the US reprint cover by Boland & McMahon and whatever else there has been.

I'd like these covers reprinted without the logs, cover blurbs etc that appeared with the original publication, just the artwork, nothing else.

Saying that they would have to appear in numerous volumes as there are 1300 odd 2000ad covers alone and goodness knows how many Titan book covers etc...

Oddboy

Uncle, remember that progs used to have the logos & text glued to the actual artwork - removing them would not be easy!
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

But he raises a good point. I'd not considered looking beyond the prog to other publications. Plenty of good stuff out there.

JamieB

...and were shot to film with said logos etc. attached, which makes them nigh-impossible to recover. And, of course, the original artwork is long gone (lost, destroyed, sold to collectors etc.) in many cases.

J-Bo-1