Main Menu

Prog 1481 - Die Laughing

Started by I, Cosh, 27 March, 2006, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Cover: Really nice colours, like it a lot. Very Good Stuff.

Dredd: The Tortoise of justce beats the Hare of CRIME. Bit too procedural-ly for me. Yeowell unsuited. OK Stuff.

Future Short: Oddly affecting. Could tell instantly it was Ewing. Good Stuff.

B n' K: Again, oddly affecting. Bit scant on the Jokes front. Nice art as ever. OK Stuff.

Kipling: I like the concept, but I'm not too keen on Devlin himself, so the new "sympathetic" character (?) is a good touch. Good set-up, hope the rest of the story delivers. Good Stuff.

86ers: Like this a lot, again, only the set-up, but a good intro to a compelling bunch of characters. Really love Richardson's art here, hope PJ can keep up. Very Good Stuff.

ABC: Huzzah! Finally picks up after a coupla slow weeks, compelling lunacy, and a welcome slice of uncertainty. Flint prevails once again. Great Stuff.

Droid Life: Normally not to keen on "Breaking The Fourth Wall" but Sullivan pulls it off with wit and grace. Good Stuff.

Overall: Highs are not that high, but high enough, lows are NON-EXISTENT. Good work guys!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Proudhuff

Look sharp girl, time for the ward round.

Jings goat it at last.... not worth the wait or it's weight this week, its a sickly weedy issue :(

Poor, poor cover like something fi ma laddie's TOXIC, as impressive as a new junior doctor's bowtie.

Love Dredd, Love Yeowell, but not in the same ward.
Must agree Y's great at the here and now scenes and the Pirate life, but his Megacit just ain't it.
Anyway, how come the Rick O'Shea bullet hit everyone in the bank vault EXCEPT Dredd?
Whizzer and Chips Buses holes I'm afriad. More Doctor at Sea than Doctor Who.

Futureshort, just what the doctor ordered, and great art. Highlight of the Prog fir me! Quick nurse the screens...

Kipling, nice cakes (thanks the WVSO) but doesn't the artwork detract fi the storyline a bit? More flow needed,perhaps a new sprigot? or less background detail? back to surgery for more work I feel...

ABC or 123? its all a bit painting by numbers I feel, the story not the art.  The art makes this ailing patient into a silk purse,too much Jaw Jaw not enough War War (by the way, did you know that piece of Churchillism doesn't work with a scottish accent?).
Staff nurse, get the discharge papers for Dr Thargy too sign asap.

B&K well thank Matron thats over, Dull dull dull and lets not start on the colours...

69ers, some nice background info, can't help feel this info has been put in for the TPB/ american reprint. Bed blocking? not yet, let's keep Mr GRennie in for observation shall we.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I've never see such a shower of malingerers, its the weakest Prog for many a year... that or its time for the medicine trolley to trundle round...

Nurse! Nurse! over here with those pills...  

Shake me up Julie and be quick about it!!

James Robertson (Justice Dept)

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Ha ha! Spot on review Proudhuff! Had me in stitches (groan!)

Dr Wells

I, Cosh

What's going on? I've been sent another copy of this week's Prog.
We never really die.

Albion

I've always liked Steve Yeowell's art but I'm not keen on the lawgiver.

Looks like Dredd made it from a washing-up liquid bottle, half a Dairylea Triangles box and a cotton reel.

Do they have Blue Peter in Mega-City 1? (Maybe you can get a tour of the Halls Of Justice if the Blue Peter badges aren't still suspended in 2128!)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

LARF

Bugger me, well don't it's just a phrase, erm this week.

Cover: alright - eye catching, don't like clowns, don't like... oh well you know, look at the eyes. But never said I didn't like Steve Roberts art, very good work just a tadge dark, but makes agood cover.
Dredd - 2 (sorry Steve but you are just not Dredd, also agree with huff on the ricochet thing)
Futureshort - 3 - not bad, like the art
ABC - DEFinitely odd, too streched out now, getting boring
86's - I like this, artwork isnot bad as well.

Dog Deever

I like Yoewell's B&W but never been a fan of his coloured stuff.
I thought the story was a little dull and contrived, but Dredd IS the man.
Can't seem to retain this story of Bec and Kawl in my head
Too early to tell with the 86'ers- 2 episodes in and I am neither bored nor blown away- we shall see!
ABC- I thought it was starting to pick up a bit now, just waiting for Deadlock to come out fighting.
Future short ok, only one page so I suppose it would be no hardship if it wasn't!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

scutfink

'You'll note that the Norts in the 86ers squadron aren't wearing any insignia'

I noticed that in the first ep. and I was wondering how Rafe new they were Norts?