Main Menu

Spy-in-the-Sky lives

Started by Steve Green, 21 May, 2007, 03:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Brit-cit Justice Dept are running trials of spy-in-the-sky drones...

- Steve

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6676809.stm" target="_blank">Merseyside police test drones

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42952000/jpg/_42952077_spydrone203.jpg">

Peter Wolf

Thanks for posting this as i didnt know about it and you never know what the goverment will come up with next in their efforts to have us spied on,assimilated into the dna database,chipped.monitored,and god knows what else.   I am a little concerned about all this myself .      Do you feel the same?

A camera that can go to places that the police cant be bothered to go as their wouldnt be a problem in the first place if there was a police presence.

things are just getting more sinister here  every day.

I feel like i am preaching a lot but it is just that this situation is getting serious in the uk.
  I just want to make everyone aware who doesnt realise this fact.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Steve Green

Personally I think a lot of this stuff is a waste of money - I'd rather have police on the streets than a camera.

They only seem to be much use after the fact, and not really much of a deterrent that I can see.

The DNA database and ID Cards are much more disturbing to me, if only for the possibility that  they could be abused.

To be honest, I do wonder how practical these things are going to be, with limited flight-time, how they handle in bad weather etc. Not to mention people taking pot-shots at it.

If you've got people ambushing firefighters, I don't really see them thinking twice about trying to take down one of these.

- Steve

Tiplodocus

They used to (and probably still do) put a giant inflatabe Santa on Manchester Town Hall.  Every year people would come and take pot shots at it, causing it to partially deflate and make it look like Santa was a horny dog humping the town hall.

Even I'd have a go at one of these drones.  But I'm a less strict pacifist.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

yes good for target practice .    it sort of looks like a kids toy that flys.   It must be able to hover somehow otherwise it couldnt film any thing.    Its all a bit pathetic really  as you would perpetrate your crimes when it is the right sort of weather like strong wind + rain etc.

The only way to stop antisocial behaviour is to have a police presence.

If everyone or enough say no to the id card scheme then it will have to be scrapped.  I am going to say no to it .I hope everyone else does as well.      Its just the thin end of the wedge in my  opinion.   The government has a history of being incompetent when handling these kinds of projects as they always spiral out of control costwise.They cant be trusted at all.

Robin Low

"Thanks for posting this as i didnt know about it and you never know what the goverment will come up with next in their efforts to have us spied on,assimilated into the dna database,chipped.monitored,and god knows what else. I am a little concerned about all this myself . Do you feel the same?"

In years gone by I may well have been outraged, but these days I just shrug my shoulders and ask if it's cost effective.

Similarly, I know that in my teens and twenties I'd have been furious about the ID card business. Now I'm just pissed off that they have cheek to say we'll have to pay for them, especially as it doesn't take a genius to realise criminals will find a way around them anyway.

I'm far more scared of the casual antisocial behaviour I see on the streets, roads and public transport, and in some national newspapers, than I am by the government or police.

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

Thanks for the reply.     There is no need to get angry about id cards ,just oppose it when they try to coerce you into signing away your life.Its that easy.

As for the problem kids ,its not really their fault really,its society, the government and bad parenting that has made them the way they are,and the education system too.  I had a` problem with a gang of kids here.I was being targetted by them on the beach every time i went there. So things happened and came to a head but in the end we apolgised to each other and left each other alone as we became friends of sorts.  You just  have to try and understand them and have the right attitude.
                          The adults are another story.I have virtually stopped going out in brighton at weekends as i cant stand it anymore with all the idiots that you get drinking.Theres no fun anymore.Its just uncivilised.
                  The voilence you hear about is sickening and seemingly pointless.I can look after myself just fine as i am 6 foot 3 nearly and 15.5 stone  but i feel sorry for anyone else who isnt so fortunate.If i sawsomeone getting their head kicked in i would rescue them anytime and i have done it before.I attract trouble so i just drink +socialize at home and it is cheaper and i dont have to deal with drunken yobs there.  Very sad but there you go

It never used to be like this i am sure.
       It seems to be some sort of learnt behaviour.Its just mad out there sometimes.
   There is something very deeply wrong with a lot of people in this country.Some sort of english cultural behaviour disorder.

regards,peter.  

thrillpowerseeker

yup, what Robin says, most folk I feel are law abiding cits and if you aint doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide!..

ID cards,dna databases etc only seem to worry those with something to hide or criminal tendancies..

Peter Wolf

Please wake up.       I am not a criminal either but i dont want to live in an orwellian state.  In case you didnt realise it  that is what you will be living in if you dont wake up and stop parroting what the government tell you.

Dont participate in this thread until you have educated yourself as you dont understand the seriousness of the situation.

I am sure you werent insinuating that i am a criminal because i am not.   The problems we are talking about are socio-economic and cards and cameras etc are not going to solve them. Criminals are here to stay as well.

Peter Wolf

I just re-read Robins post and he never said anything of the sort.  We only said we were concerned about voilence nothing more.

If Robin wants to say nothing to hide ,nothing to fear then he will say so himself.Dont twist things out of context.
     I have never chatted to you before and i am sure you an alright guy but dont waste my time again .
                                 Peter

Robin Low

"most folk I feel are law abiding cits and if you aint doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide!... ID cards,dna databases etc only seem to worry those with something to hide or criminal tendancies.. "

However, for some people it's a matter of principal, an erosion of liberty. And the reality is that criminals *always* find ways around any system. The only people who will be effectively monitored are the innocent, which is an inherently dubious concept.

Also, everyone should be worried about DNA databases. Contamination is so easy. I also recall a case on a documentary quite a few years back where a guy was convicted of rape on DNA evidence, even though the victim said it wasn't him!

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

Thanks for that  Robin

No hard feelings Thrillpowerseeker
               We
 are thinking of you as well

there is no such thing as innocent until proven guilty anymore.
                       This is known as Haebus  Corpeus i think.
                           A thousand years of english judicial history and tradition wiped out in however long it took to steamroller it through the so called democratic system here.
                          You can be locked up indefinatly even if you are innocent.
                            Wake up Thrillpowerseeker .
                             This is serious
                            Get to know your enemy before its too late.

Steve Green

Thrillpowerseeker,

I really don't buy the 'You've nothing to fear, you've nothing to hide' excuse.

I'm more afraid of human error and incompetence. The government's history of anything IT-related is pretty shambolic.

The government and police abuse of anti-terrorist legislation has been atrocious, take the case of that 82 year-old guy who heckled Jack Straw and was held under the Terrorism Act for example.

How about the spin against Jean Charles De Menezes after the Stockwell shooting, or leaks to the media over Forest Gate?

I think they've acted appallingly in recent years, and ID Cards and a DNA Database for people coming into contact with the police (not charged, not convicted) is several steps too far.

- Steve

Peter Wolf

Many Many thanks      Mcwild

Peter.