Main Menu

Strike Out His Eyes!

Started by paulvonscott, 23 May, 2007, 07:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Got a phonecall from Ben 'Griefbringer' Clark to say he's in hospital with a detatched retina.  He phoned at about 4 in the afternoon, which I think was really inconsiderate as he must have known I'd be asleep at that time.  

Anyway, it all seems straight forward and he should be okay.  But as I know he can read the board but not post on it, I thought I'd wish him well here.

Get Well.

Gel.

Anyway, I'm sure all you'll need is some yellow specs, but your dreams of joining the army are I'm afraid, over.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/paulvonscott/mike.gif">

Richmond Clements

Poor guy. Imagine waking you up like that...

Give him a manly hug from me.

Wils

Anyway, I'm sure all you'll need is some yellow specs, but your dreams of joining the army are I'm afraid, over.

Try not to steal a wheelchair and try to invade Fishburn, though. ;)

Hope you get well soon, Ben.

Queen Firey-Bou

aieee ! a big queenly hug from me, via paul to ben, and i want to see photos..

you don't suppose he's been accidently striking his own eyes out in his sleep do you ?

Byron Virgo

Shit! Well who am I going to get my copy of Griefbringer from now...?

No seriously, get well soon, Ben - and don't think about being laid up in hospital as being a bad thing, but instead giving you the necessary time to get on with writing 'Black Rogers in the 25th Century'...

;-)

Matt Timson

Tsk- I've only been waiting three years for the fucker to write me a story to illustrate.  Detached retina?  Bah- some people will do anything to avoid a bit of graft!

.)

Did you see what I did there?
Pffft...

Bart Oliver

I hope this incident wasn't brought about putting together a second Griefbinger photo strip?

Ben, best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Ollie & Mary
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Art

Get well soon.

(until then an eyepatch would probably be a pretty cool accessory, also maybe a fez or a dueling scar)

VampiraJen

how exactly does one detach ones retena...?

Matt Timson

Bungee jumping can cause it.  Apparently.
Pffft...

Bart Oliver

I knew someone who did it by sneezing too hard.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

paulvonscott

"how exactly does one detach ones retena...?"

You know how it is, you think you're destined to be with each other forever, you stick together through thick and thin, but over the years you find yourself drifting apart...

It's sad, but retinas do become detached.

Ben had a lot of problems with his eyes while at bristol, he went to the Doctor and from there  was sent straight to hospital.  After the surgery he will need to remain really still apparently.  Which shouldn't be a problem.

petemaskreplica

Crimeny. Hope your eyes remain safely inside your head, Ben, and don't end up in a jar by your bedside (although how cool would that be?!).

ThryllSeekyr

http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkuetuFRG02MAWGsW5gt./SIG=120uoj815/EXP=1180043821/**http%3A//www.redpac.com/photo/pics/yanoeye.jpg">

VampiraJen

eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww