Main Menu

Alien TV series

Started by Trooper McFad, 07 December, 2020, 10:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Was passed this by my Alien super fan mate from work.
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/alien-new-marvel-series-comics/
If it gets off the ground I'll definitely give it a watch as long as it's based in "Aliens" and the space marine world as that's my favourite.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

von Boom

This will be a difficult one. Alien found, attacks, destoyed, rinse and repeat will be pretty tiresome quite quickly.

I would like to see a Dad's Army type unit at an outpost that believes they are surrounded by aliens.

JOE SOAP

It's a comic not a TV series.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 December, 2020, 01:21:39 AM

It's a comic not a TV series.

Thanks on a reread your right my mind was filling in the nonexistent blanks. Doh!!

wedgeski

I've seen various rumours online that the franchise might be heading to TV.

Trooper McFad

shaolin_monkey

I always thought a film set on Earth would be great - a constant war of attrition where humanity is pushed to the brink, based on an enemy that does not feel emotion, does not fear death, is merciless, and seemingly endless in number.

This could be good!

shaolin_monkey

If this were the premise:

Insurance Man : Thank you Ripley, that will be all.
Ripley : [aggravated]  Goddammit, that's *not* all! 'Cause if one of those things gets down here then that *will* be all! And all this...
[Ripley grabs up a few pieces of paper]
Ripley : This *bullshit* you think is so important...
[Ripley tosses the paper, scattering them]
Ripley : You can just kiss all of that goodbye!

Bolt-01

And then humanity can genetically engineer cannon-fodder soldiers from -- oh let's say dogs and we can all settle down to watch Gene (as long as he doesn't 'get wet...')

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 December, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
I always thought a film set on Earth would be great - a constant war of attrition where humanity is pushed to the brink, based on an enemy that does not feel emotion, does not fear death, is merciless, and seemingly endless in number.

shaolin_monkey

I think you might be on to something here!! Get the producers on the line!

repoman

I've said it before that Alien films no longer work.  The subject matter doesn't fit with how films are made today.  See also: Terminator and Predator.

But we're in a great era for TV and so this could work.  Maybe.

The danger is that it'll just be a slasher like AvP: Requiem (the worst film ever made).  But the hope is that it's like this...

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 December, 2020, 02:50:53 PM

This could be good!

As long as it doesn't become another dreary show like The Walking Dead where the aliens don't really matter and it's just all about people being pricks to each other.

IAMTHESYSTEM

It might be interesting to see how the scumbag Company uses the Aliens on Earth. Bio-Weapons for warfare were mentioned in the original Alien, or could an even more chilling 'urban pacification' or 'ethnic cleansing' role be considered? It might mean certain Earth regions being deliberately infected then overrun by the Xenos predators as punishment for defying the Market or as part of a horrifying social extermination campaign. Examining the cold-blooded indifference of the 1% to their fellow human beings would be good if depressing Television, very alien indeed. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dweezil2

Hopefully it'll retain more of the suspense and tension of the first film, over the gung-ho heroics of Aliens, as much as I like the sequel.
The involvement of Fargo show runner Noah Hawley certainly bodes well though.  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo