Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The Doc Quince Case v Warzone! - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 02

Next in the Qualifying groups a tie from the Short Stories Region, Groups 2

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Doc Quince Case - more info

Vs

Warzone! - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 25th July and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Buttonman

Quince Case for me - War Zone is decent but the whole thing seems to have been set up for the 'it was ma dug' line which is the bustard son of an ancient joke.

Barrington Boots

I'm not hugely into Warzone, I find Middenface can grate a bit at times and he does here.
The Doc Quince Case isn't an all time classic but it is a good story. Gets my vote.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

Yeah, "monarchs are selfish bastards" jokes are more fun than "my dog" jokes.
Doc Quince Case wins.

Dark Jimbo

Warzone isn't Grant's finest hour. As Buttonman says, it's basically a three-prog set-up for a weak gag.

I truly love The Doc Quince Case. I never really hear it talked about - literally never - but it's a taut, exciting little thriller that's also quite sweet, and pretty funny. What's not to like? BLAT!
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

The Doc Quince Case.

It's a nailed on classic and really shows Johnny's character and moral values- he'd rather do the right thing than carry out the job. Even if that means putting himself in danger and not getting paid (he's mean to be a bounty hunter for hire after all).

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 July, 2021, 11:30:54 AM
Warzone isn't Grant's finest hour. As Buttonman says, it's basically a three-prog set-up for a weak gag.

I truly love The Doc Quince Case. I never really hear it talked about - literally never - but it's a taut, exciting little thriller that's also quite sweet, and pretty funny. What's not to like? BLAT!

Never hear it talked about?

Here you go  !

Colin YNWA

Another quiet BUT don't worry you still have a day to vote. So roll up, roll up and vote ya vote ya vote shy non-voters. I'll count up in the morning.

My vote. Well this one is easy. I think in part to The Best of 2000ad Monthly and my reading history meaning I missed a lot of Johnny on first release, the 4 part Strontium Dog shorts form the basis of what I expect from a Stront story - I was surprised how few there actually was when I came to organise this. No doubt for me The Doc Quince Case is quintessial Strontium Dog and on that basis:

The Doc Quince Case

Rogue Judge

I agree with everything that's been said so far, The Doc Quince Case it is. BLAT! for the win.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Unlike the other tie today this one wasn't close and from start to end votes were being dropped on Warzone! to squish it flat. Winner was clearly:

The Doc Quince Case

Doc Quince Case     3   9
The Bad Boys Bust 0  0
Warzone!                  0  -9

Dog Deever

Sorry I missed it, I was sans internets for a bit.
For posterity-
The Doc Quincy Case edges it in this battle of fun, throwaway Stront-Romps.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.