Main Menu

John M Burns Retires

Started by Barrington Boots, 03 October, 2023, 01:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Just a question it was mentioned in prog 2329 that Kek-W and John is working on a title called Nightmare, New York!, is this his last work or is his retirement effectively immediately?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 10 October, 2023, 11:12:02 AMJust a question it was mentioned in prog 2329 that Kek-W and John is working on a title called Nightmare, New York!, is this his last work or is his retirement effectively immediately?

I'm guessing here from what's been said but it sounds like he'll not be doing anymore so suspect this won't be happening with John (unless he has work done already).

Dash Decent

Big book JOHN M BURNS: ILLUSTRATOR in the works.  400+ pages scanned from original art.  Call for anyone with art here, plus a few sample pics.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Ohh that gets me all excited... but the link is break or the FB page has been removed?

Dash Decent

It's still working for me...

Here's a screenshot of the FB page, by Paul Duncan.  Potential contributors can get in touch by e-mailing artofjmb@gmail.com

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

And it is for me now, sorry about that. Looks amazing!

Link Prime

Hadn't heard about decommissioning of the venerable Burns Droid - sad news.

He's had a wonderful career in comics, and I wish him all the best in the years to come.
I'll be all over that art book when it's released.

Thank you, John.