Main Menu

Slavers of Drule V The Killing - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 08

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 August, 2021, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Slavers of Drule V The Killing  - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 08

So things will start to take sharp on the back of this game in Long Region Group 1. This second round of games will give us a very clear indication of how this group will finish up. At the minute of course it's all to play form...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Slavers of Drule - more info

Vs

The Killing - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 6th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

This is a tough one for me. Both great stories.
I remember reading Slavers in some kind of collected best-of format and being totally blown away by it - the giant heads, the horror of the force feeding, the treatment of the slaves, totally useless Titus Smitus.. little dark comedic touches like potting peasants and the joke name of the story itself.
I also love Johnny and Wulf at the start on Smiley's World, Wulf catching fish in his aloha shirt.

The Killing though is packed full of jokes, action, crazy character names and designs and a bit of 2k social commentary - it's definitely one of the stories I'd give someone to read if they were starting off on SD. It's a belter, and it gets my vote this round.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dog Deever

I have to say- I really don't get any of this over-complex voting scheme at all. It's incredibly confusing and I never know for sure if I've voted on everything or not. I keep having to go through each thread to see if I've already voted or not.

That said- it has to be The Killing.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 August, 2021, 11:25:04 AM
I have to say- I really don't get any of this over-complex voting scheme at all. It's incredibly confusing and I never know for sure if I've voted on everything or not. I keep having to go through each thread to see if I've already voted or not.

It gets really tricky when folk start voting in threads that are 'closed' - 'I missed this vote but I would have gone for The Ragnarok Job'. Then suddenly you can have something like twelve voting threads all active, and basically have to go read each one to see if you've voted in it.

If we could add a nice bold addendum to the thread title - Voting closed - then it would help massively.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 03 August, 2021, 04:38:59 PM
... if this thread is still open?

It is this one closes on Friday - don't worry that you have seen the stories before the qualifies are based on a round robin.

Look you can see the fun on this handy dandy spreadsheet

Buttonman

After knowing of this story for many years I've only just realised that the 'Slavers of Drule' is a pun on two dribbling terms - slavering and drool !

The Killing for me. Second choice? The Killing (bigger print version).

GoGilesGo

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Southstreeter