Main Menu

The Doc Quince Case V The Big Boys Bust - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 August, 2021, 06:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The Doc Quince Case V The Big Boys Bust - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 05

There will only be one game left in each of the groups in Short Region after today's votes finish - so much can be decided by what happens here. So get ya votes on...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Doc Quince Case - more info

Vs

The Bad Boys Bust - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 7th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

I love The Doc Quince Case, but The Bad Boys Bust takes this one. The first complete Strontium Dog story I ever read, and boy howdy did it grab my attention! Bubo is a great antagonist, and his cannibalism makes him genuinely creepy. Then you've got our first morks, a thrilling train heist/crash, and some great humour. Bubo win, sap!
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

hahaha the title says 'Big Boys Bust' - was this post for another forum / publication? hahahaha!
Big Boys Bust, er, Bad Boys Bust for me.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

AlexF

Like Dark Jimbo, this Bad Boys Bust was my first taste of Stront, and it tasted good.
Bad Boys Bust all the way!

Rogue Judge

The Bad Boys Bust

Bubo and the howler's are surprisingly harsh/freaky and memorable villains. And Wulf comes through for Johnny big time.

Leigh S

Colin YNWA

Not many votes in this one so anyone who hasn't voted yet and gets the chance today could impact on the final result. Closing in the morning.

For me I love both these stories, very much but at the end if the day you don't get villains as well designed and fearsome as Bubo and so on that basis:

The Big Boys Bust

Barrington Boots

I missed this one.

Re-read the Doc Quince Case after the last round and it's loads better than I remember it, but I can't vote against The Bad Boys Bust. Bubo is great / horrible, classic SD in my mind.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 06 August, 2021, 09:48:17 AM
I missed this one.

Nah ya haven't that was just my call for more votes - doesn't close until the morning (Saturday) that is...

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Ohhh I don't know this one was interesting. Doc Quince got out the blocks strong and seemed to have this with the early voting BUT then the Big Boys showed their dogged strength and powered through to take a confident lead and there was no coming back for Quince and so the winner:

The Big Boys Bust

Points   Vote Difference
The Bad Boys Bust          3                 4
Doc Quince Case             3                 5
Warzone!                           0                -9

Only one tie to go, Bad Boys vs Warzone and this one is the Bad Boys to take...