Main Menu

Shaggy Dog Story V The Tax Dodge - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Relaunch: Game 04

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 August, 2021, 06:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Shaggy Dog Story V The Tax Dodge - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Relaunch: Game 04

The stories post Relaunch are still in the early stages of their qualifying mini-tourney. At some point I'll work out how to catch them up BUT until there don't worry just enjoy some very interesting match ups

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Shaggy Dog Story -
more info
Vs

The Tax Dodge - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 8th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Rogue Judge

The Tax Dodge

Both more humorous stories, but the Tax Dodge is the better of the two for me. And I accidentally downloaded Dogbreath #1 from the link above, which is neat.

Dark Jimbo

I didn't warm to The Tax Dodge - the bird was really annoying (though supposed to be), Ezquerra always seems a bit hamstrung when working with someone else's designs, and the Unrighteous Brothers - while creepy - are just Stix-lite.

So this one goes to A Shaggy Dog Story.
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

What Dark Jimbo said - I like the Tax Dodge, but Shaggy Dog Story for me

Colin YNWA

Just ya day to go so come folks you can can still vote ya know... does that rythm? In my head it does... Closing tomorrow.

Interesting on this as to a degree it exposes how the newer stories don't always have the same punch and in part I think that's to do with extra episodes on tales that might have been shorter back in the day? In the end I thing one is just more fun and so on that basis:

The Tax Dodge

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Quiet and quite close and to be far that's about right. These two are steady return stories. Great fun, but to a degree showing that maybe there wasn't a load more to do with the character... well except have great stories... and the other stories that really moved the world on... but a part from that...

The Tax Dodge

Points      Votes Difference
The Tax Dodge                3                     3
Shaggy Dog Story           3                     -1
Roadhouse                       0                    -2

One tie left in this group and The Tax Dodge has it in there own hands to take this one...