Main Menu

Outlaw V Judgement Day - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Game 05

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 August, 2021, 09:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Busy morning - almost forgot these!

Outlaw V Judgement Day - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Game 05

The week's pairing wrap up in the Epic Region with some very interesting match-ups. Enjoy the weekend folks, but don't forget to vote now!

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Outlaw - more info

Vs

Judgement Day - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Monday 9th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

One of the easiest votes for me as Outlaw is one of my all-time favourites (and where I got my forum name) and Judgement Day monstly sucks.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Leigh S

Outlaw

Garth Ennis writes a decent Alpha, but his Dredd obsession means he isnt served as well as he could be here.

In an alternative universe where Alpha was just handed off to Ennis and Pugh to do more stories... I reckon they'd have been some corkers.  Of coourse, theres the otehr universere where they were handed to Millar....

Buttonman

Outlaw is clearly great but it predated my Prog buying. Judgement Day was one of my first episodic experiences and I liked it despite the shifts in artists and tone - Dennis Menniss? - so lets give the flawed epic, that reshaped Dredd's world (again), the nod.

Rogue Judge

Outlaw

I likely enjoy Judgement Day more than most, but this is still a no contest, Outlaw takes it by a country mile.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 August, 2021, 10:38:28 PM

Is that issue 369 (Outlaw) its showing blank on my tablet - I think cos of the security certificate thing BUT I can see the URL as a quote so pretty sure it is?

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Judgement Day. Its not a better story, but it is the one i'd most enjoy rereading right now.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!