Main Menu

2022 Advent comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2022, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Never saw your work before, Hoagy, but this tempted me to look back through your old posts.
Vibrant!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

Superb stuff Hoagy. Wonderful picture... well I could never wait until tomorrow...

Trooper McFad

Great stuff again Colin thanks for another submission 👍🏻😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JohnW

Oh very nice.
Call me simple, but I really like the colours.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

I like that there's a shark in it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I'm enjoying these a lot, Colin, thanks!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Colin how did you know I love Red Pandas- then you slaughtered him 🙁

Great stuff again always good to get a little chuckle in the morning 😂

JohnW

Another sweetly-rendered and deceptively simple four-panel cartoon with an excessively violent end.
Yup – that'll do me.

Trooper McFad

Once again another great look back and memories of stories past come flooding back. Strange how remembering those scenes from such a long time ago still seems like only yesterday thumbing through the hallowed pages of tooth.
I'll soon be doing my Xmas annual reread which takes me back to those innocent days. 😁

Colin YNWA

What a brilliant, if darkly errr festive - post! Nice one JWare... can we get the Johnny Alpha 90s rant on Xmas eve please.

Barrington Boots

Great stuff guys! Loving Colin's Phoenix-inspired stuff and another cool bit of prose from Jware. Chopper is the one that stood out for me - at the time that had so much pathos it felt like a massive event in my life as a reader and that's never really changed.

McFad, I have added some Red Panda to my offering just for you.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 December, 2022, 12:09:06 PM

👍🏻

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 December, 2022, 12:09:06 PM

Now I'm intrigued!

JayzusB.Christ

Lovely stuff as always, JWare.  With you all the way with Chopper - the Ennis story, the Supersurf in the rebuilt East Meg 2 and the pop recipe ones didn't happen.  No sir.

I also loved the poignancy of Feg's death - he became a very intriguing character in The Horned God, with a lot of pathos added to the evil.  (Are you quite sure it was his guts that Sláine threw the Gae Bolga into, though?  I believe the floppy fella may have preferred that.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 December, 2022, 03:24:50 PM
Are you quite sure it was his guts that Sláine threw the Gae Bolga into, though?  I believe the floppy fella may have preferred that.
On referral to the source material, I must concede the point.
Ouch.
That must have been my memory censoring itself for my own good. (Mind you, the upward trajectory of the spear meant that guts were involved somewhere along the line.)