Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Brendan McCarthy or Colin MacNeil

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 January, 2021, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well the Current draw wasn't going to be out done by the Classic and so also threw up one of the favourites in the first heat. Likewise it then gave you a choice between them and another absolute fan fav just to prove that anything classic Art Droid discussion can do Current art Droid discussion can match... and more? I personally think the decision between Brendan McCarthy and Colin MacNeil is as tough as anything either side could come up with. In these parts not decision can be based on no Rogan Josh, nor no Dark Knight Returns.

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Brendan McCarthy - more info

OR

Colin MacNeil - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 14th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Love them both, but here I'm going for Brenda McCarthy, for his unique psychedelic style. The Judda in my view are one of the all-time best designs in the Dredd canon.

rogue69

Link Prime

AlexF

ming

I love Colin's work and he can't put a foot wrong these days but my vote has to go to Brendan McCarthy - as well as performing art duties on my favourite Dredd story (Riders on the Storm) and my favourite 2000AD cover (Prog 473) I never travel anywhere without a copy of the English/Phlondrutian Phrasebook.

TordelBack

MacNeil. McCarthy is a genius who was instrumental in the unique visuals of some of my favourite 2000AD strips, but I'll continue to maintain that Colin MacNeil is the single most important 2000AD artist of the past 30 years.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 11 January, 2021, 01:12:51 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 11 January, 2021, 01:04:39 PM
Mr Colin.

SBT

I did not know Colin YNWA was an art-droid for the prog !!!!!!!!!!

Well it was inevitable my artist genius would one day be recognised by Tharg and I thank SBT for his vote.

ming

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2021, 01:18:56 PM
On the basis of current work: MacNeil.

Rule-wise, we're not limited to current work though, or are we?