Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Mark Harrison or D’Israeli

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 January, 2021, 06:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

This round I'm adding little nods to my favourite stuff that we can't vote for by the artists as it's work outside of Tharg's realm. Well I was shocked to realise I don't really know any Mark Harrison work beyond Tharg's kingdom... I mean I looked it up and there's not much out there I can find - in comics certainly. Weird... So anyway as you decide between two modern masters you be diverting your eyes from that filthy webcomic The Traveller (do look after it seems very good!) and awesome Lazarus Churchyard stuff!

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Mark Harrison - more info

OR

D'Israeli - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Friday 15th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

D'Israeli this round but Mark Harrison's work on The Out was awesome
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Ooh....going to go with Mark Harrison here, for so much wonderful stuff on Durham Red, The Ten-Seconder etc. Ask me tomorrow and I'll give a different answer.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

ming

D'Israeli gets my vote - I love his endlessly evolving style and experimentation and it's always, always a joy to see his work on absolutely anything.

Magnetica

IndigoPrime

The Out is wonderful, but I've found some of Harrison's work lacks clarity (if less so these days) and his tendency towards Barbie women irks. D'Israeli is one of 2000 AD's most creative artists in terms of visual style. I'm not keen on his Dredd, but almost everything else he's done has been a delight.

So: D'Israeli

Bolt-01

D'Israeli.

One of the very few who can challenge Carlos for me.
And he's a hell of a nice guy, too.

Link Prime

AlexF

So tough! If I'm honest neither is an artist whose work I have fallen totally in love with, but I admire both for pushing various boundaries of what comics can look like.

Reckon I'll go with Mark Harrison, for his visions of the far FAR future in deep space are just so evocative, and I'll never tire of his efforts to put background noise and especially music/chanting into this work, it always adds atmosphere.

Mind you, that Low Life: Creation, though.

rogue69

paddykafka

Mark Harrison for Durham Red, The Out and for - a story that I would love to see being brought back - Glimmer Rats.

Huey2