Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Phil Winslade or Chris Weston

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 January, 2021, 06:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Last of Round 2 and we've ending with a hammer blow. Two absolute fan favourites here, but only one will progress.

I've written 16 of these bloody things in the last couple of weeks so I hope you'll forgive if I just say forget The Filth, forget Shadowpact or Ant Man's Big Christmas. Only work for Tharg to be consider, though discuss what you like. BANG

And we're done - HOOOZZZAAAHHHH

Alas we have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Phil Winslade - more info

OR

Chris Weston - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Friday 22nd January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Sean SD

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

abelardsnazz

Phil Winslade is brilliant, but as I've enjoyed his work for more years than I care to count I'm going with Chris Weston.

ming

A finely matched pair, very hard to choose between the two but I'm going for Phil Winslade I think.  Ask me again and I'll just switch back and forth between these two until doomsday, though.

Colin YNWA

broodblik - those images just go to show while we can draw similalities between these to, certainly on the level of exquisite detail they use - their actual style and end result is very different. I kinda thought this one would be tough but maybe it just come down to a similar decision about stylisit preferences. Also their page design approaches can be very different as well.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Winslade. Lawless is one of those comics that will be talked about for decades to come.

SBT

Lorenzo

Chris Weston
I prefer his level of clean detailing and higher contrast.

AlexF

As artists, there's nothing in it; but as practitioners of 2000ADness, gotta give my vote to Chris Weston (if only because he had more opportunities to strut his imagination).

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 January, 2021, 08:54:18 AM
broodblik - those images just go to show while we can draw similalities between these to, certainly on the level of exquisite detail they use - their actual style and end result is very different. I kinda thought this one would be tough but maybe it just come down to a similar decision about stylisit preferences. Also their page design approaches can be very different as well.

Both these artist technically awesome, they have such detail work and it is such difficult choice to make - I will put the choice on the same level as which is your favourite child

DrJomster

Such a hard choice... I'm going with Winslade for the awesomeness that is Lawless.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.