Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

The North Koreans are just being sensible in their target selection and the level of intensity they want to ramp this up to. Sony like any corporation deal with the bottom line: money. The NK hackers just singled them out; split them from the herd and the reaction Sony has shown, is the reaction and panicky prey animal shows. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Still not convinced it was NK. The goal could have been to drive a wedge between NK and China. The actual target could have been the internet itself - another excuse to lock it down and censor it (the US has form in this area with SOPA and PIPA and what have you).
I also found it funny to hear some US spokeswoman moaning about NK attacking American liberties and freedom of speech - like they aren't good enough at doing that themselves!
I suggested healthcare companies because it would harm American citizens and scare them to death. If the object was terrorism, what better terror than interfering with life-saving procedures?
And I never said that everything was a false-flag conspiracy (for which the US also has form - and a lot of it) but, by the same token, that doesn't mean that nothing is. The credibility of US claims has diminished considerably in this century and Everything that the FedGov says these days must be taken with a bucket of salt.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

You know it pains me to agree with you on this thread Sharky, but I do think it's worth keeping an open mind about this one.  There are lots of potentially beneficial consequences for lots of groups in this fiasco, and the waters are by no mean clear. 

Richmond Clements

Considering what Farage defended earlier this week, the mind boggles at what they consider to be 'jaw dropping'. Maybe it was something not racist?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11306693/Ukip-councillor-Rozanne-Duncan-expelled-for-jaw-dropping-comments.html

The Legendary Shark

I don't know why people waste so much time on these irrelevant muppets. They're more like pantomime baddies than leaders of society.
And the UKIP politicians are no better.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Steve Green

I'm struggling to keep up with UKIP, Farage straying into Partridge territory - I almost expected him to say 'it's a racie of people, but also a food'...

So far today we've had the Jaw Dropping bit (whatever it is), a gay donkey raping a UKIP member's horse, and their Christmas Card typo.

This must be Chris Morris' most elaborate stunt yet.

Spikes

As someone posted on Twitter earlier - 'UKIP being UKIP gets fired for being UKIP by UKIP'.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Looks like North Korea's internet is down. Kim Jung Un must be using the landline.
You may quote me on that.

Hoagy

Nothing is racist everything is permitted. Catholic doctrine.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IAMTHESYSTEM

The gunning down of 12 journalists,cartoonists and Police Officers in Paris by scum.

Discuss.

I can't because it certainly makes no sense to me.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Prodigal2

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 07 January, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
The gunning down of 12 journalists,cartoonists and Police Officers in Paris by scum.

Discuss.

I can't because it certainly makes no sense to me.

Madness innit. Awful news.

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus, I hadn't heard about it by now. These people really are scum. When a doctrine drives its followers to do something as horrific as this, you know there's a serious problem with it. Stupid, murdering, brainwashed fucks
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Going through the news channels, nobody seems to know much. It seems to have been a well organised attack by experienced perpetrators but beyond that they're just throwing out the names of the usual suspects. (My "usual suspect" is something like Gladio.)
While the world's watching this narrative unfold, in the House of Commons right now they're debating the 'Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill' at the report stage. They've just been talking about making it mandatory for teachers, healthcare workers, etc., to report any suspicions of radicalisation to the authorities.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 January, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
When a doctrine drives its followers to do something as horrific as this, you know there's a serious problem with it.

I could be reading that wrong, but it seems just a tad Islamophobic
You may quote me on that.