Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 28 June, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

PS: Is that Alan Moore story your Grail, Dale?

No ....my grail has had its goal posts moved ....

TordelBack

... and its metaphors mixed!

Spikes

And to think Dale gives Judge Hollingdale a hard time.....  ;)

Call-Me-Kenneth

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 28 June, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

PS: Is that Alan Moore story your Grail, Dale?

No ....my grail has had its goal posts moved ....
Good. I was kinda hoping it would be something else!

Simon Beigh

Just updated CAF with some more of John Cooper's Armitage artwork purchased from hippynumber1 who provides great service with great value. So for all your Armitage artwork needs, talk to The Hipster :)

I shall take the liberty of posting my favourite image of the batch. Again, it's from Tontine and that monkey is evil....

hippynumber1

Everything's better with a monkey in it!  :D

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Skullmo

Said the monkey at the orgy!

Skullmo

Here you go lad(ette)s - My computer skills are bad and my scanner is not big enough so I have badly stuck these 2 images together for a full scan

And here is a detail scan

And yes, it's amazing!

Purity's head is painted on another piece of card and stuck on. The surround of the picture is a sea of masking tape. And I have no idea what it is painted in but it is shiny. Perhaps enamel paints.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 July, 2013, 10:50:33 PM
Here you go lad(ette)s - My computer skills are bad and my scanner is not big enough so I have badly stuck these 2 images together for a full scan

And here is a detail scan

And yes, it's amazing!

Purity's head is painted on another piece of card and stuck on. The surround of the picture is a sea of masking tape. And I have no idea what it is painted in but it is shiny. Perhaps enamel paints.

Marmite , i hate to say this ,i hate this cover, its clumsy and out right amateur ..... it reflect's nothing of the genius of Johnny and his interior pages .... Marmite you either love it or don't ....

And i expect a kicking for writing this ....   

Skullmo

Yeah you are right . .. . . don't know what I was thinking  . . . I'll take it down the skip tomorrow morning.

Simon Beigh

Ah, so it was you that bagged this cover, Skullmo. Many congrats on snagging it! I think a few people may well have been after it, but you snuck in there, you sneaky fox, you! :)

As to what the medium might be I have to say my first thought was airbrush, but you have the piece so can probably tell a bit more. My Dad went through an airbrush phase and they don't necessarily always come out looking like Coke adverts. I saw a similar affect in one of his pieces as your Hicklenton.

Anyway, however it's done it is art. And great art often causes controversy.  Horses for courses.

Your round next time we catch up!

hippynumber1

Well, I love it (but I hate Marmite)! I agree it's not the best thing he ever did but it does have a rawness to it that draws me to it. It's also great that you got the cover to a prog that is so meaningful to you; and knowing how special it is, it's impossible to resent you for snatching it out from under my nose (you sneaky bugger!)

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Skullmo on 02 July, 2013, 12:26:10 AM
Yeah you are right . .. . . don't know what I was thinking  . . . I'll take it down the skip tomorrow morning.

Drop me a quick note where that 'skip' is,  and I'll be waiting for you to drop it off !!! :lol:
I agree with Mark on this .....It is very 'raw',  but has a certain fascination to it, that does draw you in.......A very nice piece of artwork...( and I hate Marmite )...
Disagree with Dale....I don't think it's 'downright amateurish' and imagine that a lot of people on this forum who are artists, would also disagree....Nothing about it looks amateurish to me....
A very raw, powerful piece and a great catch, Well done. !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890