Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 August, 2013, 07:57:22 PM
With a hint of McMahon in the Eagle...

...and the gun.

But real good news Mark, about locating another Mr Macabre page. Fingers crossed you can make the deal.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 August, 2013, 08:34:36 PM
Quote from: SimeonB on 01 August, 2013, 08:00:17 PM
A few pages on eBay may fit the bill...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Original-Comic-Art-/972/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=massimo

Those are not the word's best massimo pages, it has to be said

Yeah. I guess I could have figured Mark would have looked on eBay! The challenge is going to be that most ancient of coefficients: cost vs quality. Oh, and availability too!

Fatboydale

.... something Special ...... but sadly almost gone ....

and just for interest , i do sell some of these pages .... not all , its always worth a punt .

ming

That's glorious, Dale - don't know how you could bear to part with that one.  Really nice to see it in B&W...  Going to a good home, though (not mine, unfortunately).

hippynumber1

Skullmo

It made me weep with joy to see that!

Tears I meen obviously!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fatboydale on 01 August, 2013, 09:52:53 PM
.... something Special ...... but sadly almost gone ....

It speaks to the glory that is Dale's art collection that this piece is almost gone while he collects other 'Holy Grails'

I mean christ in what other collection is a Nemesis Cover by Kev O'Neill and one quite as wonderful as that, not the pinnacle!

dark-spartan

I see a few few people were posting their Cliff Robinson pieces - this is the only one I have.  When Cliff sent this over he also sent all the prelims, a fantastic full colour print and coipes of the art on a disk. 

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 August, 2013, 06:42:38 AM
It speaks to the glory that is Dale's art collection that this piece is almost gone while he collects other 'Holy Grails'

I mean christ in what other collection is a Nemesis Cover by Kev O'Neill and one quite as wonderful as that, not the pinnacle!

The last Kevin O'Neill Nemesis cover, at that (although there is a later Torquemada, isn't there?).  A fabulous sight to see, I really don't think I could bear to part with that.

Albion

This arrived today from the awesome Leigh Gallagher. The page from Defoe that features me.  :D

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

malak brood

On that Nemesis O'Neill piece, there are not many times in my life when I have felt it would be justifiable to kiss a man but having this was one of them. Thanks Dale ( no tongues)!

Link Prime

You're one lucky SOB Malak.
Just don't ask Dale how much he originally paid for it!  ;)

malak brood

Oh I know how the Dale time machine works  :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: malak brood on 02 August, 2013, 03:02:37 PM
Oh I know how the Dale time machine works  :lol:

He also has a Star Trek style replicator. That's the tenth time he's sold that cover,  ;)

But seriously, that's a right knockout piece, and im glad its heading to your collection, David.

@ dark-spartan - That's a beautiful Cliff Robinson piece - (is there any other?), so congrats. Love to see his (copious) prelim bits and bobs, that he includes. Gonna have to try for summat from him, at some point.

@ Albion - Now thats a page thats hot of the press! So, is that you then? A story behind that?