Main Menu

Random Bargains

Started by Megadeth, 24 May, 2005, 04:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth

In my local branch of 'The Works' i picked up

War Story: J for Jenny (Garth Ennis; David Lloyd)
Ancient Joe (C.Scott Morse)
Nevada (Steve Gerber)

I've no idea of the quality of these books but with a combined cover price of over $30 i thought i might as well take them for ?1 for the lot!

Ridiculous price even if they're fairly awful, anyone know anything of their actual quality?

Pyroxian

No idea of what they're like - The Works in Leicester has buggerloads of GNs in ranging from 2-5 quid each. I spent ?75 there on Saturday :/ Got some great stuff though - League II, Promethea II, Top Ten I, American Splendour, The Originals, Planetary 2 & 3, a near-complete run of Transmetropolitan, Road to Perdition, some Invisibles, Dan Dare - Voyage to Venus I, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Year 1. They didn't have much 2K stuff though.

Steve

Megadeth

Wow that's quite a haul, wish mine would get some books of that quality in. Although i wouldn't be able to afford it or have time to read any of it, still have a big stack of 2k books i picked up from Music Zone last time i was in Leeds left to read.

johnnystress

Wow indeed! was that the hardback edition of The Originals? Are there any more there?

man, Id love the Dan Dare and Transmetropolitan stuff too

WoD

I check The Works out now and again (usually after a thread like this) and I've yet to find anything.  Sounds like Pyro got an excellent deal though.

paulvonscott

Gah!  My local works on Sunday had none of that stuff in.  Gutting!  May have a look out to another branch.

Pyroxian

>Wow indeed! was that the hardback edition of The Originals?

Yeah, it was - I can't remember if there's any others though. Was dead chuffed though, it's a fantastic book.

The Leicester Works seems to be the main one for getting GNs in though. I keep checking the Oxford ones, but no luck (which is good for my bank balance :)

Steve

Steve

Carlsborg Expert

Halo Jones/Hardback/?4;95/First time I could read it all through/Brilliant.

WoD

4.95!!!! Nice one.

Checked Lunchtime today, no GNs but a load of old comics, 3 for a pound.  Nothing too exciting for me though.

paulvonscott

I tried two local shops, Durham and Stockton and both only has some crappy comics in.  Oh well...

WoD

If I can finish early, I'm going to have a look in Cardiff.

Will let you know.

Carlsborg Expert

Try music zones and that.

Carlsborg Expert

Sorry,english.

Have a look in a Music Zone or a shop with multi-media entertainment interests.

I got mine from a Music Zone and its not the first either..

Wils

both only has some crappy comics in.

Same as the one is Rugby, as well. As far as I know, they've *never* had any graphic novels in.

Although the Works may be poor, the Stockton Music Zone had *loads* of 2000ad books in. Malchi and I got, IIRC, four hardbacks and a paperback for about ?13. For some reason there was a further discount on the total when we got to the till, which I wasn't exactly going to complain about. :)

paulvonscott

Yeah, I checked out Music Zone, but I'd already picked those books up at another Music Zone (Darlington).

I'd love to have got a load of those Moore books.