Main Menu

Rogue Trooper book ---Titian or DC version???

Started by Workingstiff, 10 June, 2005, 09:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Workingstiff

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm considering to buy a softcover edition of Rogue Trooper. I see that there are two publications of Rogue Trooper. From what I found on the 'net the Titan Edition has 128 pages and is physically larger than  the DC 2005 version, which has 160 pages. Do they have the same amount of content, or is the DC version have more? Is there any difference in the print quality of either book?

Thanks in advance!

Ron

The Amstor Computer

Well, the Titian version has sublime colours...

(Sorry ;-) )

The DC version is a complete reprint of the early Rogue tales, whereas the Titan reprint misses out a number of tales - some of them quite important to the storyline. The Rebellion/DC version will also be followed up by four other collections reprinting the entire first run of Rogue Trooper.

Print quality is roughly identical, though the larger page size of the Titan version means you get a slightly better presentation of the art.

Basically, if you want complete and don't mind the slightly smaller page size, buy the Rebellion/DC book. If you want the art presented at near the original size and don't mind missing out on a number of stories, buy the Titan edition.

The Amstor Computer

Forgot to add - if you hold on a couple of weeks, you could buy both Rogue Trooper Vol. 1: The Future of War and Rogue Trooper Vol. 2: Fort Neuro (both Rebellion/DC volumes) and get nearly 400 pages of GI goodness!

:-)

The Amstor Computer

...and just to make your life extra-easy, here are the Amazon listings. Ignore the availability for the second volume - Amazon have fucked that up, and the book isn't released for another couple of weeks:

Rogue Trooper Vol. 2: Fort Neuro

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265529/qid=1118392369/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_2_11/026-1377273-1125224">Rogue Trooper Vol. 3: Eye of the Traitor

Volumes four and five - To The Ends of Nu Earth and Regene - are due out early in 2006, IIRC.

Hope this helped!