Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 05/04/08, 6.20pm, Partners in Crime...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 05 April, 2008, 06:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Upon second viewing i lasted 27 minutes before the incidental music just got too much.I found the volume of the music rather than being in the background is too far forward and competes with the dialogue etc and its just relentless as there isnt a time when there isnt any.

I shall not watch DrWho or post on a DR who thread ever again unless its  what i call Dr Who which has Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee in it.

To be fair its not aimed at 40 year olds but even if i was 10 i would still think this is shite.

A waste of David Tennant.

Go Away R TWAT D.

He will probably be Director of the BBC one day.

Thats a horrible thought.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

How appropriate that would be, seeing as Dennis Potter once denounced John Birt and Marmaduke Hussey as "a pair of croak-voiced Daleks"!

MUST be Twat Davies's turn next, then.

;)
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Not really. As if anyone on the production side has got any chance of becoming Director General!

- Just like how in ACADEMIA, teaching and professorial staff can count themselves out of the running for the post of Vice Chancellor in the future, when business managers have taken over completely. (That Ben Elton style 'little bit of politics there - that'll make Mrs Thatch choke on her G&T' - is dedicated to Simpleton. Cheers, mate!).
STRIKE !!!

Al_Ewing

I quite liked it - it was cute, sweet and very pleasant. Having watched the end of Torchwood with fully ten minutes of sobbing at the end, it was nice to get something that was just a bit of fun. Donna looks like she's going to be a better assistant for lack of all the usual emo gubbins - but I'd prefer BERNARD CRIBBINS as the companion! Why can't the Doctor just romp about the spaceways with an agreeable old duffer in tow?
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Roger Godpleton

Go Away R TWAT D.

I think we can turn off the board now. It's never going to get any better than this.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Go Away R TWAT D.

I think we can turn off the board now. It's never going to get any better than this.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tu-plang

RTD is a NAZI, and Doctor who can be roughly equated to GERMANY in the 1930s.

Now we can turn off the board.

Noisybast

Bloody hell - It's Tu-Plang!
Welcome back - long time no read.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tu-plang

Hey yeah!  I've been lurking mainly, in a non-creepy way.  Just stepping in to defend Dr Who.  People who don't like Dr Who are Na... ahem.  They're nasty.

Adrian Bamforth

"Why can't the Doctor just romp about the spaceways with an agreeable old duffer in tow?"

Someone tried that before but The Doctor told them he "always travels alone". He doesn't like old duffers. Prefers schoolgirls.

TordelBack

'Course, he's already had Bernard Cribbens (in tow)... or maybe Peter Cushing's Doctor is a future incarnation, and the Doctor travels back in time to... make his acquaintance when he's younger, more firm and impressionable like?

But yeah, between Mr. Bucket and Orinocco, you can certainly see how an older male companion might be fun for a change.  

Proudhuff

I'd prefer BERNARD CRIBBINS as the companion!

Yahh! That's great great, start the campaign now

Huff for Duffers...
DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

I think that would be a good idea as well especially Bernard Cribbins.Let RTD try and come up with a love interest between them.

[perish the thought]

Peter Wolf

I think that would be a good idea as well especially Bernard Cribbins.Let RTD try and come up with a love interest between them.

[perish the thought]

The Adventurer

So after this season, we get a year of 3 or 4 "specials" instead of a new season right? And then RTD is gone from the show?

Is that the plan?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK