Main Menu

Spiderman 4 villin hinted at....

Started by Buddy, 10 June, 2009, 06:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: "Shaky Caned"They were going to use Vulture instead of Venom in the 3rd movie, with Ben Kingsley playing Vulch. Could have been fun...

That I could certainly live with. Though I'd guess they'd feel the need to mess with the Vulture to make him feel more of a threat? This days I can't see Hollywood having the courage or imagination to make a flying old guy the feature villian. Shame cos played right he could be great and Kingsley would certainly be able to pull the Vulture off (nice image for ya!)

keios

I'd have paid good money to see Raimi do a Spiderman film with Venom and Carnage tearing New York and each other to pieces with Spidey in the middle trying to stop the pair of them. But that's just me. I know that Carnage is an intrinsically rubbish villain and wouldn't have worked on screen any better than he did in the comics, but my god it would have been fun.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "Shaky Caned"a while ago I heard it was Morbius which I think would really suck, he doesn't seem like a proper Spidey villain to me.

WhhhhaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaTTTTtttt???!!!!???!!!!??!!?  :angry:  Sir, I challenge you to a FIGHT! Morbius (to use the young peoples' vernacular) rocks. And he's every inch a "proper spidey villain". My dearest hope is that Raimi chooses to adapt the classic 'six-armed spider-man' storyline and uses Michael Morbius to his full potential. I know he favours Morby as the vilain, but it remains to be seen if the studio wants to risk upsetting him again by vetoing it.

As an aside, the seemingly endless Classic Marvel Figurine Collection has just hit #99 (a "sixty issue series", that they've announced it's going to continue to "at least #140"- I'm stopping with #100, Banshee, out tomorrow), with a quite brilliant sculpt of Morbius. It's one of their very best- and the accompanying mag is similarly groovy.

Did you know that it was Gil Kane who decided the fate of the extra arms, by just drawing them fading away in a puff of red vapour, because he hated drawing them? Writer Roy Thomas was horrified, but didn't have time to get the pages redrawn. There is so much wrong with that, that it hurts my brain.

Steev

Roger Godpleton

It just occurred to me that using Kingpin could just be an excuse to shoehorn a whole boatload of random villains in there as Willy uses his enormous bank account to hire people.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Shaky Caned

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"WhhhhaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaTTTTtttt???!!!!???!!!!??!!?  :angry:  Sir, I challenge you to a FIGHT! Morbius (to use the young peoples' vernacular) rocks. And he's every inch a "proper spidey villain". My dearest hope is that Raimi chooses to adapt the classic 'six-armed spider-man' storyline and uses Michael Morbius to his full potential. I know he favours Morby as the vilain, but it remains to be seen if the studio wants to risk upsetting him again by vetoing it.

Did you know that it was Gil Kane who decided the fate of the extra arms, by just drawing them fading away in a puff of red vapour, because he hated drawing them? Writer Roy Thomas was horrified, but didn't have time to get the pages redrawn. There is so much wrong with that, that it hurts my brain.

Steev

Blimey, ever feel like you've stepped out of your comfort zone? I did not know that little nugget about Gil and Roy, no, though I've read the comics you're talking about. I think my dismissal of Morbius is probably because he wasn't a classic Stan Lee created villain, so it kind of felt like an inferior version of what went before when he appeared in Amazing. Even if that's a bit unfair though, doesn't a vampire villain sound visually pretty boring for a Spidey film?

I heard Morbius was no longer in the running for the movie somewhere recently anyway, can't remember if a replacement was announced - might be on superherohype.com ?

vzzbux

Maximum Carnage could be good for a laugh.
Side note. I've misplaced my Maximum Carnage GN. Either in my attic or leant it to some one. :cry:

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Monarch

QuoteKraven, if I remember correctly, was deemed "too stupid".

Fools!!!! sergei kravenof is one of my fave spidey villians

Roger Godpleton

Apparently Anne Hathaway is in talks to play Felicia Hardy but instead of becoming Black Cat she becomes VULTURESS.

Not kidding.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Noisybast

That sounds gash. If you're going to invent a new character, why not just, y'know, invent a new character? Stop pissing around with existing ones!

Malkovich could work out as the vulture, though...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8896
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Colin YNWA

Were as Kingsley would be my preference if it is Malkovich I'd have little to complain about.

The other bit is just silly. If you're going to create a new villian called Vulturess - that's fine no problem with that but absolutely pointless using up Felicia for that? Unless by the end she's reformed to become the Balck Cat or some such????

We'll have to wait and see how much of this is true.

TordelBack

Kingsley gives one of the all-time great villain performances in Sexy Beast - he's actually scary to watch as he "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No."s his way across the screen.  He'd be great for an old-fashioned villain like Vulture.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 December, 2009, 08:40:15 AM
Kingsley gives one of the all-time great villain performances in Sexy Beast - he's actually scary to watch as he "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No."s his way across the screen.  He'd be great for an old-fashioned villain like Vulture.

Couldn't agree more. The think is (and I've mentioned this earlier) the thing with Sexy Beast is they give Kingsley's villian time and room to be scarey which makes him a fantastic villian.

I just don't see a Hollywood blockbuster having the courage to not clutter the movie with all sorts of other bits and bobs which will dilute what could be a brillant and chilling performance (wow have I gone way down Speculation Road there!). enough to build a movie around.

Also see Jack Nicholson and Batman

vzzbux

There are enough Spidey villains in the marvel archives to be shown that any fan would want to see without making up some stupid bint baddie just so the script writer can tag the "I created that" brag.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Colin YNWA

It would seen Malkovich is all but confirmed as the Vulture, as are the delays as the studio and Raima apparently battle it out?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24364

Jared Katooie

I didn't like any of the SPider-man films. I'd actually prefer it if they dumped the series and made Iron Fist instead.

Yeah! Iron Fist! Who's with me?

Come on! Iron Fist!