Main Menu

What's you claim to fame?

Started by wild-seven, 14 December, 2009, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

Y'know, I'm sure this one's come up on the board before. But never mind, prepare to be assaulted (possibly again) with the hearty blast of my brushes with fame!

When I was a kid, I walked past the Chuckle Brothers outside my village post office.

When I was about 18, I stood behind Richard Whitely in a bus stop queue. When the bus arrived, though, he ducked out of the queue and went into a nearby chippy instead.

More recently, I've shared a lift with Peter Andre, been in the same cafeteria as Des Lynam and passed Susie Dent out of off'f Countdown's Dictionary Corner in a corridor.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tiplodocus

I once licked Wendy James' thigh (of Transvision Vamp).

My mate used to be married to Mark E Smith.

I had a piss next to Billy Boyd in Luton Airport.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 December, 2009, 10:48:32 PM
I once licked Wendy James' thigh (of Transvision Vamp).
Phwoar!
Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 15 December, 2009, 10:45:02 PM
...and passed Susie Dent out of off'f Countdown's Dictionary Corner in a corridor.
Double Phwoar!! Susie's a lexical lovely.
We never really die.

Dog Deever

QuoteI flobbed a greenie at Mutlie McLad from the Macc Lads, it hit him with so much force that he commented that it had muscles in it.

'Ee leaves white stains wherever he sits...'

Talking of obnoxious- I have several times cleaned the inside windows of Wattie Buchan's (lead singer of The Exploited) mum's office and engaged in many conversations with her... she says The Exploited are shit.
I wanted her to write that on one of their early albums I have and sign it 'Watties mum'- she just laughed. Unfortunately I quit that job before I got round to taking the record to work with me and persuading her to do it. That would have been truly awesome. Curse my crap memory.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dog Deever on 15 December, 2009, 11:02:05 PM

'Ee leaves white stains wherever he sits...'

Ahh, the melodious delights of "Now He's A Poof", featuring one of the best rhymes in popular music:

'E's a poof, 'e drinks lemonade/
'E's a poof, and 'e likes ... 'is buttocks ... splayed!

Cheers!

Jim

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SuperSurfer

A close relative of mine and her sisters run a small clothes shop.

Every now and then well-known actors/celebs visit the shop. Years ago I caught a glimpse of Baby Spice, I've been in there while Martin Freeman has been there, I've had a chat with Tamsin Outhwaite. And David Tennant visits every now and then. I've seen him in there once.

As add-on sales they sell gifts, in particular at Xmas. They often sell Dr Who items such as kids pyjamas, mugs.

A couple of years ago a mother was in the shop with her young boy who was really into Dr Who. His mother was out of view of the kid. Meanwhile, David Tennant  came in the shop, also out of view of the mother. My relative bent down and pointing to David Tennant, whispered to the kid "look, there's Dr Who" and the kid was extremely surprised. It must've been magical to him.

Now I can imagine the kid later telling his mother that he saw Dr Who in the clothes shop and the mother saying "yes, dear, of course you did" thinking it was the kids imagination running wild as there was Dr Who gift stuff in the shop.

That might stay with him for years and when older he might put that down to being a kid and his imagination running rampant. But he really did see Dr Who in the shop that sells Dr Who gifts.

W. R. Logan

TordelBack

Other than assisting John Wagner, and being the inspiration for Dredd's right-hand (or does it have to be left-arm now?) man, you mean.

Hoagy

I think i was on a pleasure boat with  Elbow the other night. Not sure at the moment.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Hoagy

Apparently I was on a pleasure barge with Elbow and happily chatting with a band member blissfully unaware. How ignorant do I feel?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

uncle fester

Sounds like you had a good night then!

Van Dom

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 December, 2009, 07:58:35 AM
Other than assisting John Wagner, and being the inspiration for Dredd's right-hand (or does it have to be left-arm now?) man, you mean.

I've been resisting the temptation to ask about this for a full day now but I can't any longer. I'm relatively new to these parts so I don't know certain things - is W.R Logan somebody connected to 2000ad and if so, who?
Sorry, I tried to play it cool and nonchalant like I didn't care, but I do and curiousity getting the better of me!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

I know Phil Cunningham who did that kids TV thing called Bodger and Badger.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bolt-01

Quote from: Van Dom on 17 December, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 16 December, 2009, 07:58:35 AM

I've been resisting the temptation to ask about this for a full day now but I can't any longer. I'm relatively new to these parts so I don't know certain things - is W.R Logan somebody connected to 2000ad and if so, who?
Sorry, I tried to play it cool and nonchalant like I didn't care, but I do and curiousity getting the better of me!

Logan started out as an ordinary Squaxx, albeit one with a bit of time on his hands- so he made a fanzine! He produced 2 issues of the Class of '79- a Dredd based Fanzine that featured many contributors who went on to be real droids!

I've always assumed that it was through this that he met John Wagner, and was asked to help sort out continuity for Dredd in the run up to Origins.

Wagner was repaid for this act by making him a character in his fave strip and now slowly killing him. This may account for the high levels of grumpiness he displays.

Proudhuff

and the Judge Child says he'll be Chief Judge soon... but gets buggered to death by vengful rampaging Muties!!
DDT did a job on me