Main Menu

Dr Who Christmas Special

Started by Jim_Campbell, 25 December, 2009, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricky vile

Micky/Martha bit was like the terminator film opening preview future bits - seemed really good and exciting but would be without doubt really bad if they made a whole thing out of it.

also, 'he never uses a gun', cue preview footage ending on new doctor shooting a gun. but hey renaissance era? vampire with sword win over peter kay in make up already.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 01 January, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
Al, that's made me grin so hard it hurt.  

Reported for BROWN NOSING.

Also, was I the only one who thought of this during Donna's wedding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN0WBv0Omgs&feature=related
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SamuelAWilkinson

Since the TARDIS has been all blown up, is it too much to hope that it will be broken again like in the old days and he won't have a clue where he's going?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Buddy

It was pish.

Let me get this right... he fell out of a spaceship, through a glass roof onto a marble floor and didnt even break a nail?

And that never ending 'death' going round the place sorting everyone out..

Piss right off.

Thank god thats the end of RTD.

pauljholden

The new Who trailer looks like it's going waaay back to the 60s for inspiration - looks great and I can't wait.

-pj

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Leigh Shepherd on 01 January, 2010, 09:47:29 PM
Jesus wept.

For a man who claims he doesnt like fantasy stories becasue "anything can happen", theres shed loads of things "just happening".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/

I'm sorry ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please.....

I am not laughing at you but thats one of the funniest quotes i have heard recently.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

I now understand why the 55M or so people in this country who don't watch this show, er, don't watch this show.

That was the shittest thing I have ever seen with a Dr Who logo on it. It took all previous Dr Who, stuffed it up its arse, shit it out, then did another shit on it for good measure. Good grud almighty, couldn't RTD at least write a story to end it all off, instead of just seemingly improvising on the day? Nothing made sense, nothing and no one had motivation beyond the very last thing to come out of their mouth, however bizarre. "How are we going to survive?", "Er, I know- a diamond!", "Great! How's that work?", "Dunno- bung it at a hologram and it'll create The Master, or something, and give us a ladder to Earth, so we can escape this Time Lock". "Okay, let's do that.", "Why didn't we do that in the first place then?".

Who was the old Time-Lady then? So, the Doctor jumped out of a spaceship and survived, did he? Tom Baker just wasn't TRYING back in Logopolis, was he? Ah, but this is SuperWho- if Tennant hadn't become too expensive, I'm sure that even the super-deadly radiation blast would have just been shaken out of his foot in an extended "comedy" routine and off he'd have gone, with a glib putdown at the open-mouthed companion. But no, as "Happy Shopper Tennant" is on the horizon, he dies- eventually- after THE most excruciating 15 minutes of self-indulgent bollocks in the show's history, and turns into the considerably cheaper Matt Smith. Who then gurns and repeats Tennant's opening scenes almost verbatim.

And the trailer, full as it was of horrible wanky versions of old favourites, just looks like more of the same. I never thought I'd ever say this, but this show really needs immediate cancellation and a massive rethink.

SBT

SamuelAWilkinson

QuoteTom Baker just wasn't TRYING back in Logopolis

This made me laugh. The rest of SBT's post made me cry.

Though having made my earlier gushing statement, I've just watched the DVD of Remembrance of the Daleks, which still shat all over New Who.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

M.I.K.

That trailer actually makes me feel quite optimistic about the new series.

Vampires, swordfights, those freaky statuey angel things, (that could easily be dealt with by simply keeping one eye open at a time but whatever), what looks like a scary fairground machine and absolutely nothing that looks like it's meant to be set in the year 5 zillion.

In fact, it all looks rather old fashioned, which is alright in my book.

Christov

Speaking from a media production standpoint, the trailer for the New Who looked rather lovely. The lighting and colours were far more subdued than they were during RTD's era, not to mention the cinematography looked far more inventive than the cookie cutter bullshit we've been seeing since, well, start of the revival (although it was far more acceptable during series 1 and 2).

The new logo is suitably retro, as is Matt Smith's Doctor in both mannerism and costume. Getting major vibes reminding me of the first three Doctors, especially Pertwee with the apparent 'not afraid to get a bit rough and tumble' approach.

Anyway, the Tennant's final episode embodied everything they'd done wrong with it over the years. Unwarranted effects pieces, needless exposure, wafer thin plot with more holes than a block of Swiss cheese, and of course Tennant pulling the same old gurns and grins and weepy faces he's been using since series 3 because he's been written into a corner where he can do utterly nothing with the character than what has already been established. It had some decent bits, and the regeneration was funnier than it should have been, all things considered, but the cause of it was an interesting twist, but the jury is still out on if it was a good one or not.

Radbacker

cant fucken see that previerw in my region, i fricken hate that shit i'll just fucken torrent anyway. Fucken dickwad TV Stations, US staions do the same.

CU Radbacker

vzzbux

What a pile of shit. Worst death ever. I think they could have streached it out for at least another half hour.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Colin YNWA

The clip of the new stuff is very exciting. Then they always are (and normally for good reason) but as has been said the whole thing looks different which is now welcome. Role on Spring.

Oh and don't tell my wife but I think I'm in love with Karen Gillan. May have to brush up on my stalking...