Main Menu

Dr Who Christmas Special

Started by Jim_Campbell, 25 December, 2009, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2010, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 05 January, 2010, 01:39:29 PM
According to Julie Gardner, it was the Doctor's Mother but some fans & critics have since disputed that claim.

Given that there's absolutely nothing in the programme itself to suggest this, I've no idea where this came from. I've seen a couple of TV critics, notably the utterly clueless Mark Lawson, state this as if it was fact, but I can't work out why (unless, in Lawson's case, it was to make his entirely idiotic Hamlet analogy appear slightly less moronic).

Cheers

Jim
The last Doctor Who Confidential  (right after the second part)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Radbacker

Thanks Batman, if i read the Thread properly i would've seen this already discussed earlier. So not even the actress truelly knows  :D  
I did think Mother myself but I am taken with the idea its a future Donna that kinda makes sense,  it would've been cool if it was Romanda though (mmmn Dark hair over the Blondy anytime).  I always liked it when the Doctor had an intelctual equal and another Time lOrd travelling companion used to mix things up a bit.

CU Radbacker

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 05 January, 2010, 01:43:59 PM
The last Doctor Who Confidential  (right after the second part)

Gaah! How much more self-referential can this bloody show get?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

stacey

Julie Gardner didn't say that it *was* his mother just that she thought it was. It's not set in stone by anyone anywhere.

TordelBack

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: stacey on 05 January, 2010, 04:21:25 PM
Julie Gardner didn't say that it *was* his mother just that she thought it was. It's not set in stone by anyone anywhere.

Julie (& others) stated back in May last year that she would play the Doctor's mother (which the media reported)!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

But the Doctor's mother is human...

*ducks*

Of course, nothing can exit the time lock anyway, except for diamonds and mothers it seems...

Leigh S

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 January, 2010, 11:03:15 AM
I've not been by for quite a while but I imagine Gallifrey One (or whatever its called now) has people venting such spine that the hate liquifies and drips from your screen.

No really that happens!

I havent been ther for a while, but my memory was most of the bile came from the pro-RTD camp! I freely admit I may be biased in that assessment :)

stacey

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 January, 2010, 05:15:48 PM
Busman's holiday, eh Stacey?

:-D I love it here cos I get to join in and not just tell people off!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Robin Low

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 04 January, 2010, 07:43:13 PM

If he'd said 'I don't want to go' then,

I still found that one of the better and most honest lines in the whole thing, regardless of timing. The delivery was pretty good, too; it managed to be sad without quite tipping over into pathetic.

Regards

Robin

Robin Low

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2010, 01:42:47 PM
Given that there's absolutely nothing in the programme itself to suggest this, I've no idea where this came from.

You're right, of course, but it was the automatic assumption in our house too.

On the other hand, maybe it was Susan's mother?

Quotethe utterly clueless Mark Lawson, state this as if it was fact, but I can't work out why (unless, in Lawson's case, it was to make his entirely idiotic Hamlet analogy appear slightly less moronic).

He really is mind-blowingly dim, isn't he? You have to be impressed by his ability to get away with.

Regards

Robin

Tiplodocus

I assumed it was his mother as well.  Because there were two time lords who voted against the evil plot, I assumed they were his parents.

Anyway I thought it was pish for all of the reasons listed above.

I just can't get over comparing it brilliant family genre fare like THE INCREDIBLES and MONSTERS INC.  and wonder "Why won't they take the same amount of time over the scripts and give us genuine warm endings rather than forced ones"  I never tire of telling people how perfect I think the end to MONSTERS INC is - that's a real way to end a story.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

vzzbux

Just thought. Didn't Tom Baker's Dr Die from falling from a lesser height?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.