Main Menu

Dr Who Christmas Special

Started by Jim_Campbell, 25 December, 2009, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

I assumed it was his mother, cus that's the sort of hammered home emotional stuff that RTD favours. That or his recently gender-converted father.

-pj

I, Cosh

Quote from: House of Usher on 05 January, 2010, 07:49:27 PM
It's Romana. Get it right.  :P
And while we're at it, the second one was miles sexier than the first.
We never really die.

SamuelAWilkinson

Quote from: Leigh Shepherd on 05 January, 2010, 06:02:32 PM
But the Doctor's mother is human...

Actually, among the few good things to come out of the RTD era is a suitable retcon to explain away the half-human guff from the Movie - it was a Chameleon Arch problem thingy that caused him to seem half-human for some convoluted reason.

Of course, now you have to acknowledge the existence of the Chameleon Arch instead of pretending it was a bad dream.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 January, 2010, 11:35:53 PM

Indeed she was - Tom Baker certainly thought so! I only found out recently that not only is she the daughter of Edward Ward, 7th Viscount Bangor, but after she and TB split, Douglas Adams introduced her to Richard Dawkins who she married. It's a small world when you're a celeb, ain't it?

Mardroid

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 January, 2010, 12:09:00 AM

Indeed she was - Tom Baker certainly thought so!

Mmmm. I haven't seen much Old Who but I saw her on City of Death, and confess to finding her rather striking.

QuoteI only found out recently that not only is she the daughter of Edward Ward, 7th Viscount Bangor, but after she and TB split, Douglas Adams introduced her to Richard Dawkins who she married. It's a small world when you're a celeb, ain't it?

I knew that she'd married Richard Dawkins. Not the Douglas Adams bit though. (Richard Dawkins though? I saw him doing his atheist thing in a program a while back and found him annoying. Not that that has anything to do with anything...)

Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 05 January, 2010, 11:38:14 PM
Actually, among the few good things to come out of the RTD era is a suitable retcon to explain away the half-human guff from the Movie - it was a Chameleon Arch problem thingy that caused him to seem half-human for some convoluted reason.

Really? Where does that come from? I'm not arguing you're wrong by the way, I'd genuinely be interested to read that source.

Oh and concerning the Doctor's rant in front of Wilfred, I found that very uncomfortable too. It seemed way out of order. That being said, I partly accepted it due to the pressure of the moment and the anger and bitterness that brought out. I say 'partly' as I think it should have been toned down.

Mardroid

QuoteReally? Where does that come from?

Never mind. I did a search. Part of US comic publication The Forgotten apparently.

stacey

Quote from: Mardroid on 06 January, 2010, 05:50:38 AM
QuoteReally? Where does that come from?

Never mind. I did a search. Part of US comic publication The Forgotten apparently.

Written by Tony Lee that is.

Mardroid

Tiplodocus

Sorry chaps, lovely and striking as Lalla Ward is, I find Mary Tamm miles more likely to get my Tardis console centre going up and down.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

I have to agree with Tips that the ending of Monsters, inc is indeed perfect. Makes me cry to even think of it.

Blub, ah hell.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Matt Timson

Error.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2010, 07:58:14 AM
Sorry chaps, lovely and striking as Lalla Ward is, I find Mary Tamm miles more likely to get my Tardis console centre going up and down.
The correct answer.  Cosh, and other chipmunk fanciers, please take note.
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Matt Timson on 06 January, 2010, 09:46:38 AM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2010, 07:58:14 AM
The correct answer.  Cosh, and other chipmunk fanciers, please take note.

Timson speaks the truth.

Radbacker

yes Dark haired ROMANA definatly made me feel funny in pants more than the blondie not as much as Leila though.

CU Radabcker