Main Menu

Seen any good snowmen?

Started by Dandontdare, 05 January, 2010, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Well Manchester's covered under 6-10 inches of snow, everything's closed, parts of Oldham and Rochdale are completely cut off ... but on the bright side it's perfect snowman-making snow!

At one point I stood in Hulme park and could see 18 different snowmen from one spot. I wonder how many people have been leafing through their Calvin & Hobbes for inspiration! Took loads of pictures today but my favourites have been:

One (snow)man and his (snow)dog:

"Hello? I'm snowed in!" (note twiggy arm pushing buttons)

This one was during the first snow a few weeks ago:

...and my favourite is this 8 foot snowcock with realistic hairy nutsack:

So did anyone build a snow-Dredd or see any other good ones or have you all been sensible and stayed in by the fire?

COMMANDO FORCES

Love the snowman making a call :lol:

uncle fester

We made this during the last big snowfall in London. Alas, this time round the snow lasted for about ten minutes.

(Apologies for the crap cameraphone pic. It's supposed to be Snowhenge)

EDIT And there was an entire 2 team, 11 a side football creation going on on one playing field near us...

COMMANDO FORCES

locustsofdeath!

Snowhenge where the demons dwell!

James Stacey

Nice snowmen. No snow in Cardiff as per usual. Not going to hold my breath either. It never bloody settles here.

Richmond Clements

That phone box one is magnificent!

M.I.K.

I built this one on Christmas Day...

COMMANDO FORCES

Please tell me that you booted a football at it's head until you knocked it off!

Kerrin

No snow yet in West Sussex. There's some excellent snowmanship there fellas. My mate sent me a link to this the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIekqdNKbjk&feature=sdig&et=1261722570.38

For Calvin and Hobbes fans everywhere.

M.I.K.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 January, 2010, 06:57:37 PM
Please tell me that you booted a football at it's head until you knocked it off!

Nope. It's still there, but due to slight melting followed by more snowing, the last time I checked it looked disturbingly similar to a Cylon.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Not much snow round these parts at the moment.

But I did find this on the web recently. You can never have too much Calvin and Hobbes.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

SamuelAWilkinson

My god, there are some creative types about. The only ones you get round here are giant snow boulders, shabby snow lumps, and snowcocks completely lacking in artistry.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Colin YNWA

Bit of random thread drift here, but given the topic seems appropriate?

Anyway great cover, with thanks to The Beat for pointing me in the right direction. Bigger version in the linkie below. 

http://occasionalsuperheroine.blogspot.com/2010/01/wolverine-in-great-snowman-massacre.html