Main Menu

The Big British Castle

Started by radiator, 13 January, 2010, 10:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Mike Gloady

Done and posted on my facebook page with an exhortation to all my folks to sign up too if they're behind it.  Which obviously I'd hope they are. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

TBH I don't think the BBC will listen to the masses.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

staticgirl

Signed, a rant posted on Deviantart and more. Now I am going to upload a profile with the save 6music thingy on it.

Peter Wolf

How timely:

Thank you Auntie Beeb for your hour long slice of half baked fearmongering propaganda that was "How Safe Are Our Skies" aired on 04/03/09 @ 21.00hrs.I was particularly unimpressed [but sadly not surprised] with the way that you blatantly lied and obfuscated the truth about the events leading up to the AL-CIAda terror suspect boarding the plane at Amsterdam airport and how you deliberately failed to mention that the suspect was already under surveillance and was assisted onto the plane without a passport.There were a few other secondary points that i wont dwell on for the moment but i wish to thank you again for reinforcing the official party line and i am delighted with the sloppy standard of the journalism that was present throughout.You never fail to disappoint.

Finally i was very pleased that you didnt forget to express your usual fawning sycophancy towards our great leader Gordon Brown and his measured and timely and well thought out response to the alleged terrorist event on christmas day 2009.

Its this sloppy standard of Blatantly Biased Condescending television that misleadingly labels itself as investigative journalism/documentary filmmaking that makes it increasingly difficult/fucking impossible for me to defend you from criticism when it concerns your political bias and i have done my fair share of that recently.I will continue to pay my licence and justify your existence but i will disregard your biased drivel or view it as satire instead for entertainment only.This justifies my payment of the licence fee in my mind.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Colin YNWA

That's class, absolute class. So like when does the campaign start to get it to number 1?

Steve Green

He really needs to do a video - get a Bowie cameo in there as well :)

Bolt-01

I was on a tour of Wood lane at the weekend (thanks again for the surprise weekend Mrs Bolt) and flippin' loved it. I learned a lot about how they actually 'do' telly, and the tour guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. I even got a photo of Mrs bolt with Charley Borman (A lovely chap), and I got a snap of the (allegedly) original 'Badger', off of bodger and...

Not much to do with saving 6, but this is a thread about the beeb...

Peter Wolf

WOW

I just watched a BBC documentary - Is Christianity Being Persecuted that was fair and balanced and objective and even more amazing than that it was actually critical of govt policy and their cackhanded handling of the of religious tolerance issue.It was something to listen to while doing some drawing.

:o :o

This is really what the BBC should be doing all the time so its good to see that they can still deliver even if not very often.

And as if thats not enough now The Sky At Night is discussing very recent solar activity and the connection between solar cycles and the effect it has on the climate here on Earth.

This just goes to show that you have to defend the BBC as an institution even if you have been very unhappy with it for whatever reason so if any of those shifty worthless politicians have any ideas about turning it over to the private sector then i will have words with them.

You would not get programming like this or you dont get programming like this in the commercial sector and anyone who claims otherwise is just wasting their own time.

Robin Low

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 April, 2010, 12:06:54 AM

Thank you Auntie Beeb for your hour long slice of half baked fearmongering propaganda that was "How Safe Are Our Skies" aired on 04/03/09 @ 21.00hrs.I was particularly unimpressed [but sadly not surprised] with the way that you blatantly lied and obfuscated the truth about the events leading up to the AL-CIAda terror suspect boarding the plane at Amsterdam airport and how you deliberately failed to mention that the suspect was already under surveillance and was assisted onto the plane without a passport.There were a few other secondary points that i wont dwell on for the moment but i wish to thank you again for reinforcing the official party line and i am delighted with the sloppy standard of the journalism that was present throughout.You never fail to disappoint.

Finally i was very pleased that you didnt forget to express your usual fawning sycophancy towards our great leader Gordon Brown and his measured and timely and well thought out response to the alleged terrorist event on christmas day 2009.

Its this sloppy standard of Blatantly Biased Condescending television that misleadingly labels itself as investigative journalism/documentary filmmaking that makes it increasingly difficult/fucking impossible for me to defend you from criticism when it concerns your political bias and i have done my fair share of that recently.I will continue to pay my licence and justify your existence but i will disregard your biased drivel or view it as satire instead for entertainment only.This justifies my payment of the licence fee in my mind.

followed by:

QuoteWOW

I just watched a BBC documentary - Is Christianity Being Persecuted that was fair and balanced and objective and even more amazing than that it was actually critical of govt policy and their cackhanded handling of the of religious tolerance issue.It was something to listen to while doing some drawing.

This is really what the BBC should be doing all the time so its good to see that they can still deliver even if not very often.

And as if thats not enough now The Sky At Night is discussing very recent solar activity and the connection between solar cycles and the effect it has on the climate here on Earth.

This just goes to show that you have to defend the BBC as an institution even if you have been very unhappy with it for whatever reason so if any of those shifty worthless politicians have any ideas about turning it over to the private sector then i will have words with them.

You would not get programming like this or you dont get programming like this in the commercial sector and anyone who claims otherwise is just wasting their own time.

So... what you seem to be saying, Peter, is that you'll defend and praise the BBC when it's saying things you agree with, but dismiss it as biased when it says things you don't agree with it.

Regards

Robin

Peter Wolf

Thats right as i am being objective about it and its a bit more than just what i agree with personally as truth is truth regardless of wether i agree with it or not and likewise what i watched last night.

It doesnt seem very fair to just criticise the BBC.

TordelBack

The sight of Brian Cox oohing and ahhing drives me up the wall.  For some reason he always reminds me of an Innsmouth version  of Neil Gaiman.  My curse is that he does present the most interesting programmes.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you might hate and resent  them for all sort of valid reasions, but without the BBC, who will make Sky at Night?   It's that simple.

EDIT:  We were down at the sea yesterday, and my boy asked me where did all the water come from.  Thanks to Sir Patrick & Co being there my whole life, I was able to give him a proper answer.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 April, 2010, 02:20:16 PM
The sight of Brian Cox oohing and ahhing drives me up the wall.  For some reason he always reminds me of an Innsmouth version  of Neil Gaiman.  My curse is that he does present the most interesting programmes.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you might hate and resent  them for all sort of valid reasions, but without the BBC, who will make Sky at Night?   It's that simple.

That's crazy talk, TB! Prof Brian is lovely!