Main Menu

Arrow

Started by bluemeanie, 25 June, 2014, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Sure there's a thread already but couldnt see one after trawling the first 8 or so pages and am too dumb to find the search option, so.....

VERY late to this but loving it. Am seven episodes in to season one and am totally hooked. Cool story, well shot action, surprisingly violent, looks great, really effective cliff hangers and reveals and loads of cool easter eggs for the nerds. They've just introduced a female character who is cool in her own right but if you know comics and recognise the name it's a great "GAAAHHHH!" moment.

Oh, and if you are that way inclined the lead guy gets his shirt off at about 10 minute intervals which my wife assures me is reason enough to watch it.

Sure most of you have seen already but if anyone is like me and missed it I'd recommend tracking it down. Loads better than it had any right to be. Chuffed there's at least another season out there for me to chain through if the quality keeps up, and I've been told it only gets better

COMMANDO FORCES

There is and it does :D

Buttonman

My wife likes it more than me but I do like to see some second string DC heroes getting an airing such as Deathstroke and the Huntress. You also get a lot of reference to the comics with chracters sharing names with characters like Roy and Dinah. On the other hand it does have John Barrowman in it.

bluemeanie

He's actually pretty good in it... based on what I've seen anyway.

Kinda creepy, smarmy and even managing to be vaguely threatening by being really nice to everyone while its still obvious they're all terrified of him.

It may help I've never seen Torchwood though so am just impressed he isnt being FABULOUS Barrowman which I do find kinda funny to be honest

Bolt-01

I've watched all of both seasons (along with Micro and Nano) and it's... okay. The first season has a nice sense of focus but the second is a little more wobbly in places (though I've been told by my daughter that I'm wrong) but it does have some good cameos throughout.

Professor Bear

I like how in the second season he says "I'm not going to kill anyone" and this becomes the entire focus of his character arc towards the end of the season and absolutely nobody thinks to tell him that the boat to "not being a mass murderer" may have already sailed.  And then the police are all like "those 300 murders were like a whole year ago, I suppose we can forget all about them and stop chasing that guy" and nobody ever puts two and two together as to why the city might be such a crime-riddled shithole.

The pilot episode of Arrow spin-off The Flash has leaked to the web: it's very reminiscent of Superhero Movie, though obviously what were jokes in that film are actual dramatic plot points in Flash, and if you're thinking of doing a CW bingo sheet with things like "romantic feelings for opposite-gender friend of long standing", "this is all my fault", "we cannot be together" and "slow cover of upbeat pop track", be assured they're all in there along with many of their friends.