Main Menu

The lurker awakes

Started by Hackenbush, 15 August, 2020, 05:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackenbush

Hello all

I was a big fan of the comic back in the 90s after being hooked in by the launch of Crisis.

I was soon buying all the fleetway comics right up until the day I watched the Stallone Dredd movie in the theatres.

Lately I started grabbing some of the ultimate collection and then decided to obtain the lot at great expense - shipping to New Zealand is not cheap!

I've been really enjoying what I've been seeing in the ultimate collection - the proposed extension list looks great as it's either real classics or completely new to me thrills.

broodblik

Welcome.

For that same reason of expensive shipping I went digital (I life in south Africa).  All the progs and meg are available from 2003 on wards if you browse the web store. You will also find that very classics for example Third World are available .You can even get the complete Nemesis, Rogue Trooper, Slaine and Strontium Dog as well.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard.

There some good things in the expansion the complete Red Seas being a particular highlight. Hope your enjoying all the catching up.

Have fun.

Bolt-01

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Hackenbush

Thanks all.

Catching up with the highlights has been great. Getting pretty much all of Strontium dog and Nemesis was the initial draw, but I'd also heard great things about Nicolai Dante so I'm looking forward to reading that all the way through.

I have to admit I was truly stoked to see that a Tyranny rex volume will be in the extension. Something about John Smith's writing demands re-reads - maybe all the leaving threads and hints at a messy broader world.

I know nothing about the red seas but I love Steve Yeowells art. That will be all new to me.

IndigoPrime

(Account upgraded to standard membership.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2020, 02:41:11 PM

Thanks a bunch, IP! You've ruined my whole "PayPal me a fiver and I'll see what I can do" scam.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Clearly, you should have paid me a tenner via PayPal to ensure the continued survival of your nefarious scheme.

broodblik

You guys can always have a fiver from my currency that is about 22p
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2020, 02:50:00 PM
Clearly, you should have paid me a tenner via PayPal to ensure the continued survival of your nefarious scheme.

Fuckin' capitalism, man...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hackenbush

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2020, 02:41:11 PM

Let me guess - it was my stanning for John Smith that swayed you....

Thanks for the upgrade!