Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Droid Life vs. Anderson Psi Division Round 3 Heat 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 May, 2022, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well a very significant week in the tournament as we enter Round 3 after the seemingly unending Round two. We're down to the last 128 thrills and from here the quality will step up, but the choices start to get harder. But the lovely thing about this round is there is still plenty of room for mis-matches...

You can't begin to know how tempted I was to just tweak the draw a tiny amount so Robo-Hunter came up against Droid Life. That would have been such a delicious draw to write up. As it is Droid Life - which has built a reputation for taking out Judges and ex-Judges having conquered Inaba and The Returners in previous rounds - comes up against a Judge of a higher order, vanquisher of Hunted, and member of the exclusive 20+ votes club, Anderson Psi Division. So we'll have to settle with this poor excuse of an intro...

Anderson's psi powers won't break though the metal heads
Of the characters in the thrill known as
Droid Life

Droid Life - more info

Vs

Anderson Psi Divison - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 13th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Anderson.

Not even remotely close. I can barely bring myself to read Droid Life.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

Droid Life is great and arguably more consistent than Anderson. But in the scheme of things, Anderson is more consequential and has had some massive highs – albeit more in the distant past than recently. So Anderson wins it for me.

AlexF

Droid Life was always a tough one to compare to more standard length action/adventure stuff. So it's nice at least that it bows out against a proper finals contender.

Anderson, Psi Division.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 10 May, 2022, 09:15:00 AM
Droid Life was always a tough one to compare to more standard length action/adventure stuff. So it's nice at least that it bows out against a proper finals contender.

Yep. It did well to hold out as long as it did; no shame in going out now.

Anderson has been massively inconsistent over the years, but she's still a contender.
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

credo

Anderson was consistently brilliant probably through to around Shamballa or Engram. That first volume collection was such a refreshing, at the time, take on Dredd's world.