Main Menu

Cult Classics on ITVX

Started by rogue69, 20 July, 2023, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Was just scrolling through the Dramas on ITVX and came across classic shows like Monkey, Sapphire & Steel, Fireball XL5, UFO & Timeslip as well as more modern shows like being Human, Arrow, Gotham & From Dusk Til Dawn. There are also a few anime series too

Barrington Boots

Monkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

I found Terrahawks on iplayer the other week. It's painfully slow (and Ninestien sucks) but looks just as cool as it did in the 80s, plus Windsor Davies.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 July, 2023, 02:31:42 PMMonkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

My teenage self lived for those series. 6pm on BBC2.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 July, 2023, 02:31:42 PMMonkey hits that sweet spot between borderline unwatchable and utterly amazing. Love it. The Water Margin too.

I watched the Monkey reboot on Netflix- it was watchable and some of the episodes were decent
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Hawkmumbler

Being the massive nerd I am I have actually seen SAIYUKI, the original series adapted into Monkey for unassuming gaijin.

It's a by the numbers, often times amusing little retelling of Journey to the West, but by no means an exemplary representative of Tokusatsu from the era. I do wonder what the dub could possibly bring to the narrative, maybe a side of casual racism and tongue in cheek ribbing.