Main Menu

MEG 328 - BUMPER MOVIE SPECIAL

Started by Buttonman, 08 September, 2012, 06:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

OK, it has no Dreddlines but that's no excuse for no Meg thread by 6.30 pm.

As the title suggests it's a bumper issue with loads of movie stuff including Jock's concept art.

Dredd gets two good outings - 'Ratfink's Revenge' sees the scabby Angel plot his iso-cube escape and 'Killer Elite' sees GRennie expand on his previously dormant 'Global Psycho' plotline. Starts out well and it looks like it's going to be a serial killer version of 'Crusade' - but in a good way!

Anderson continues her assessment and Snapshot moves along at the regulation pace.

Great issue with lots to read including the short story comp. winner.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Didn't want to start a thread since I made a vow not too (after several users complained about my previous threads)!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Prog but no Meg? Royal fail strike's again.

radiator

Loving Pye Pare's cover for the Ratfink collection.

Trout

Quote from: radiator on 08 September, 2012, 10:13:30 PM
Loving Pye Pare's cover for the Ratfink collection.

Aye.

Also, that Rennie story's great work. I'm only dipping into the Meg for now, though, until I see the film. Hopefully I'll manage it this week.

A.Cow

Great Meg this month.

However ... I don't want to sound cynical, but didn't Gordon Rennie say he'd stopped writing Dredd stories a while back?  Given that, and the pre-DOC timeline, it sound suspiciously like the story has been lain in a drawer for some time.

Alski

No Dreddlines? Gah... I worked hard on that letter as well. WIll have to bludgeon my way into the next issue, but is discussing the Meg or the film more likely to see print?
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Keef Monkey

I was so happy when, still buzzing from the movie, I woke up Saturday morning to see this and 2000AD had arrived. That's the kind of thing that makes a great weekend even better.

Was a great read too, the movie interviews were very welcome (although I think one of them contained a bit of a spoilerific reference to the very end of the movie which would be a shame for folks who haven't watched it yet).

Also, before I turned the page and saw her from the front and heard her name I was convinced Judge Zeff was based on Yolandi Visser. 'Zef' is a bit of South African slang she throws around a lot so would make sense.

The Prodigal

Guys I have been buying the prog from Christmas together with a fork lift truck's worth of trades-I am now considering subscribing to the meg. Is there any idea of what the line up of the meg is going to be in the near future in the same manner as you get news of what is coming up in the prog?

Thanks guys.

Trout

Quote from: A.Cow on 09 September, 2012, 04:58:08 AM
Great Meg this month.

However ... I don't want to sound cynical, but didn't Gordon Rennie say he'd stopped writing Dredd stories a while back?  Given that, and the pre-DOC timeline, it sound suspiciously like the story has been lain in a drawer for some time.

No, he's been working on Dredd and other comics stuff. What he said was his time was being taken up with other work.

A.Cow

Quote from: Trout on 10 September, 2012, 03:25:45 AM
Quote from: A.Cow on 09 September, 2012, 04:58:08 AM
No, he's been working on Dredd and other comics stuff. What he said was his time was being taken up with other work.

That's great news.  In my (humble) opinion, he's the best non-Wagner Dredd writer (with Michael Carroll & Al Ewing coming up close behind).

Proudhuff

Well dispite my family's attempts to stop it, Saturday was the closest I think I could come to TPO without Tharg giving me the keys to the Nerve Centre and saying 'Here, fill your hands you son of a gun'...

First thing, out to see the movie then home to a doorstep full of Meg, Prog and Ratfink!! and no Step Hen of Paisley on the letters page to marr the Meg.

A fine handful of thrills in the Megazine, lots of text and movie background stuff to rumage through, great wee short story winner too.

Ratfink, Movie primer, Global nutters all good, even Anderaon manages to thrill and keep her clothes on!! Snapsnot seems to hit a peak and will hopefully wrap up nice and quick from here.

DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 09 September, 2012, 06:21:51 PM
I was so happy when, still buzzing from the movie, I woke up Saturday morning to see this and 2000AD had arrived. That's the kind of thing that makes a great weekend even better.

Was a great read too, the movie interviews were very welcome (although I think one of them contained a bit of a spoilerific reference to the very end of the movie which would be a shame for folks who haven't watched it yet).

Also, before I turned the page and saw her from the front and heard her name I was convinced Judge Zeff was based on Yolandi Visser. 'Zef' is a bit of South African slang she throws around a lot so would make sense.

I've got a mate who knows Boo Cook and I got him to ask about this via Facebook.

Boo's reply simply read; "Zeffside!"
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Keef Monkey

Richard

BTW, if anyone reading this thread hasn't seen the film yet, it's best not to read the interviews with Alex Garland and Karl Urban until you have -- possible spoilers.

(Mind you, Alex Garland has some nice things to say about the people who use this forum.)