Main Menu

Rennie Confirms Career Shift

Started by Buttonman, 11 May, 2008, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Sorry to Mr Rennie and his lawyers for offending him but I felt that someone ought to have taken this stance.

Ignore me. I'm unintelligible.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

ThryllSeekyr

Krombasher says.........

Rennie's a frikkin asshole.

He's made it plain he has no time for ANYBODY here and then he ditches a shedload of storylines that he in his utmost superior litrecism deems proper comic writing behaviour. S0 much so he forces us to see things his way and then drops us like a fetid turd in his hand when gold bloom shines in his frikkin eyes.

Sounds like alot people in my life.

Hoagy

Yes it is a bit of a Love is... moment ts;-)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Bolt-01

Jim- Dan wrote Dredd

Comic   Issue   DATE   Series   Sub-title   Writer   Artist
Prog   895   08/07/1994   Judge Dredd   Rad Blood   Dan Abnett   Ron Smith
Prog   896   15/07/1994   Judge Dredd   Rad Blood   Dan Abnett   Ron Smith
Prog   903   02/09/1994   Judge Dredd   Part Exchange   Dan Abnett   John Burns

but not often. Strange really.

Bolt-01

Tiplodocus

"He's made it plain he has no time for ANYBODY here "

I find it hard to measure exactly how much I disagree with that statement.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dunk!

I personally hope he ends up freelancing throughout the games industry, so i have a vague chance of working with him. :)

That is after the initial meeting where i fall to my knees before him and sob "Why did you leave us? Why did the golden light of your essense shine no more on the hollow black misery of our lives? Think of the children!"
"Trust we"

satchmo

I'm so sorry.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2033/2489489520_620aeb9649.jpg?v=0">

Matt Timson

Bit harsh, Krom.  Even if he does decide to give up comics forever (unlikely), what's it got to do with 'the fans'?

You wouldn't rant at your postman if he decided to switch rounds- or your milkman if he decided to open a cake shop- so why a bloke who writes comics?  There's a thread on this very board about the horrors of being in one job for too long.

Change is as good as a rest.
Pffft...

JimBob

"Rennie's a frikkin asshole.

He's made it plain he has no time for ANYBODY here and then he ditches a shedload of storylines that he in his utmost superior litrecism deems proper comic writing behaviour. S0 much so he forces us to see things his way and then drops us like a fetid turd in his hand when gold bloom shines in his frikkin eyes.

Come on Gordon come back at me in some disdainful condescending fashion."

Bloody hell, I know I certainly wouldn't take a more secure better paid job if i had a family to look after. Oh wait...
 I never really understand the desire to rip into people on the internet, and how personally fans take seem to take these things. If the above was the kind of shite I was getting I'ld be glad to get the hell out of the industry.
 Oh and has anyone actually confirmed he isn't/ hasn't already  finished off Cabs etc? If not any reaction is a little premature.

Something Fishy

Jimbob: hes going into gaming.. the flaming and hate there is a thousand times worse than comics sadly.

JimBob

Yeah good point,  could be worse he could be off to write for Dr Who, now theres some fun fans.

Hoagy

Yeah,sorry that was a bit strait in there with a bullet.

There are pantheons where he has left us confused to whom he is exactly writing for though.TBH it is not for fans. Fair enough. I don't write for him yet he feels he can lay into my writings as an expert and I often wonder wether what is good for the goose etc..

But my whole first post was maybe saying what Rennie may actually think we're thinking. No offence. I only wondered if it did state a few feelings which of course it did not but surely these feelings have been felt and maybe.....well sorry. I felt it a bit and I thought I had t6o say it.

In no way trying to isolate my post as something interesting.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Bongo Jack

Harshly worded, but fair point.  If Mr Rennie knew he was going to give his comics work the push, surely wrapping up dangling plot threads would have been an idea - not so much out of courtesy to the fans as to the people he works for to show that he can tie everything up and cash the storytelling cheques he's been writing all these years.  Maybe not feasible with something that's not even in the middle of an overall arc (86ers), but Cabalistics was surely in place for a proper send-off?

Not the end of the world, all the same.  It probably means more work for Al Ewing, so this turn of events is ultimately for the prog's benefit.
Live forever or die trying

The Adventurer

Cabs is surely our generation's Halo Jones.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Jim_Campbell

To be fair, we don't actually know how much more material of Gordon's is already completed, so there may well be a conclusion to Cabs, and some more Dredd stories in the pipeline that wrap up some of the loose ends.

IIRC, it's a good year or so since he mentioned being offered a job on this very board, and then pretty much stopped posting, so I suspect he may have been gone a while already ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.