Main Menu

New Year. Zarjaz New Graphic Novels!

Started by 2000AD Online, 20 January, 2006, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

What better way to greet the New Year than to get yourself these three zarjaz new graphic novels? Heaving with thrill power these ghafflebette books are the perfect start to your 2006!

ROGUE TROOPER: TO THE ENDS OF NU EARTH
By Gerry Finley-Day, Cam Kennedy, Trevor Goring and Steve Dillon

The Traitor General now firmly in his sights Genetic Infantryman Rogue Trooper traverses the hostile war-torn planet Nu Earth on a mission of revenge! In his path are genetically engineered Nort troops, double-crossing Souther captains, fields of blood-sucking mutant sugar cane and the chilling horrors of far-future war. With the bio-chipped souls of his dead comrades as his constant companions Rogue seeks an explosive resolution to the injustices that have torn his world apart.

192 pages (paperback)
?10.99

JUDGE DREDD: THE CHIEF JUDGE'S MAN
By John Wagner, Will Simpson, Colin MacNeil and John Burns

Mega-City One politicians are calling for an end to summary justice only to be silenced by a new and deadly force. However, this is no renegade: this is The Justice Killer, a deadly puppet whose strings lead back to the very heart of the Grand Hall of Justice itself!

112 pages (paperback)
?10.99

SLAINE: THE BOOKS OF INVASIONS VOL. 1
By Pat Mills and Clint Langley

Sl?ine, once the first High King of Ireland, must protect his tribe against a tide of Sea Devils. Leading the demons is Moloch a hideous Formorian lord, bristling with swords and driven by a perverse hunger for human suffering!

112 pages (hardback)
?13.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

Good stuff! Nice to see new covers on both the Slaine & Dredd volumes, and to see a Euro book that breaks through the 100-page mark.

I'll definitely be picking up the Rogue & Dredd books, and I'm sorely tempted by Slaine. I didn't really enjoy much of the Books of Invasions, or Langley's art, but the completist in me is muttering darkly - hell, I picked up Vanguard & I even bought Bison!

radiator

Also liking the new cover. Great buttocks on Mr Gil there!

The Amstor Computer

A sculpted arse is a must when you're taking on the might of Justice Department!

Grant Goggans

Does the Rogue Trooper collection include "Blind Terror" (progs 379-380) and "M for Murder" (progs 384-386)?  They're not in the contents page.

--Grant

The Amstor Computer

Hm. I'd expect so, as the collections so far have been complete. Previous early contents listings have missed or mislisted stories, so I expect this is just a little oversight rather than missing material.

Oddboy

Yet the page count suggests that they are... and with 20-or so pages extra to spare
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

Cool. I suspect the extra pages will quickly disappear when you take into account story divides and front matter. Of course, if a Rogue Trooper text feature or sketch gallery has snuck in I'd be chuffed...

Jonathan O

Yes it does include those stories. Will e-mail Wake now, cheers for the heads-up.

thrillpowerseeker

I'm not buying fuck all till I hear whats happened to the subscriber gn offer....well?..

Oddboy

I'm not buying fuck all till I hear whats happened to the subscriber gn offer....well?..

You mean the 10% discount subscribers get when they order books from this website's shop?
It works fine for me.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

I think he means the free/reduced price GN offer from the tail end of last year.

Have you asked the subs department?

thrillpowerseeker

yes thats the one Amstor..I did send an email before christmas..no reply..

Bad Andy

I never seem to get a reply to emails either.

Three times last year I emailed them asking about getting the Extreme Edition 2 and heard not a jot.

Actually called them up and I had the issue within a week.

IndigoPrime

As far as I can tell, the GN offer is sent to "blocks" of subscribers at a time?not all of them. I've subscribed to 2000 AD and the Meg for a few years now, but I wasn't included in the first GN offer. However, I was sent something about the second one when my subscription was about to run out. The offer essentially covered the older Rebellion/DC TPBs and a few Euro trades, ramping up the discount the more you bought. It didn't, however, cover any of the more recent books; therefore, I suspect that future offers are fairly unlikely to include the new Rebellion books?they're more likely to be a way to shift surplus stock.