Main Menu

Good for Prince Harry!

Started by Goaty, 28 February, 2008, 06:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

I just can't concieve of a situation, no matter how many drugs were coursing through my addled brain, when I'd be walking home at any hour of the day or night and eat a kebab off the floor instead of a)going into the kebab shop for one of my own or b)going home for toast.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Peter Wolf

That bloody thumbs down business and disappearing posts .Its infuriating.

The third time :

Its just one of those things  and i can think of worse things and it has only been a handful of times spread over years.

I would eat Roadkill if it was Pheasent or something like that and it was fresh but depending on what state it was in after the impact since there is nothing wrong with it.

I had to survive for a day or 2 at a festival because i lost all my cash.I could have borrowed cash but i didnt so i lived on leftovers at food stalls until i was lucky enough to find more money that was dropped.I just treated it as a survival situation to see what would happen for a day as a sort of adventure.

I would rather eat off the pavement than in someones filthy Rathole of a kitchen at home and i have seen some terrible kitchens in my time.Not mine i have to add as i was in Catering for a very short while and partly because it was drilled into   me from an early age courtesy of Mum.And yes i taste a meal when i am cooking it .That freaks people out as well but all cooks do it .

If i am eating out with someone i know or family and they decide they dont want half their Pizza then i am happy to eat it for them.They might say "would i like half of it " as has happened in the past or i just eat it at the end anyway as i have a big appetite.

I am surprised how shocking it is to everyone as its normal if i am eating with family etc.Or perhaps we are all a bit odd.Probably.

I can understand the Kebab business not appealing to everyone though.

It does sound a little bit like Ro-Jaws though.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dog Deever

Is that Special Forces thing real? Fuck me, min!
There's distasteful, and downright 'pull-down-pants-and-shit-in-your-face' sick.

I can see it in the Pentagon now...

"Lets use the retards as bullet fodder and sandbags in the first wave, depleting the enemy's ammunition and causing them to reveal their position. We can then bomb the shit out of their positions and send in the real GI's to mop up"
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

SamuelAWilkinson

A tactic used by Iran in the Iran-Iraq war, if memory serves.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

TordelBack

As for eating others Kebabs i was hungry so i just ate it.This has only happened a few times.

Listen folks, if you've ever eaten in restaurant you've probably eaten something that's been on the floor and almost certainly something that someone else has had a taste of first - Peter's just cutting out the middleman.  

Five years of kitchen portering showed me nightly examples - and it's not just the cheapo joints.  

A good friend had a portering gig in the Shelbourne Hotel (Dublin's very half-hearted answer to the Ritz), and once had a whole trolley load of vol-au-vent nibbley things fall on the filthy floor of the service lift.  He returned in horror to the kitchen, where the Chef bawled him out of it, then told him to pick them up, dust them off and get a fucking move on.

Peter Wolf

Being one of the worst offenders for laughing at things i shouldnt ,that special forces article didnt even raise a smile.

Not because i was offended or anything ,i just found it childish and stupid in the extreme.

johnnystress

ah now

"Operation Great Job"

comedy gold

Peter Wolf

I wasnt put out by it at all.

And i have laughed at things like that before its just that article and the WD40 Twat post on the Utube thread where i discovered the joys of watching some sad fucked up individuals burning spiders with WD40 !

It was all a bit much and made me despair of Humanity even more than usual.

I was in a tea room once in a little village as there was nowhere else open.We sat at a table and the guy who was waiting on the tables was one of our downs syndrome friends.

One half of the couple on the next table when seeing the waiter said "here comes trouble ! " out loud so the whole place could hear it.I couldnt believe it.

the friend i was with looked at me in a certain way because of what was just said and i started to crease up with laughter so much so that i had to go outside to calm down.

It wasnt because of the poor guy waiting on the tables was funny in himself it was more the comment and the setting ,and my slightly warped sense of humour and the fact that sometimes when i  start laughing i just cant stop.

So i am guilty too.

It was a you had to be there moment.