Main Menu

Earthquake!?

Started by CraveNoir, 27 February, 2008, 12:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

I think I just felt the biggest earthquake I've ever felt in this country! Wow!

Peter Wolf

Where are you ?

I am on the south coast and didnt notice anything.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

CraveNoir

Just south of Brum.

I went to Digital Spy to see it's all over the forums there. Sky News are wanking all over it right now.

Misanthrope

I'm in cheshire and it was felt here.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

paulvonscott

Am I mad, dreaming or is house was falling down?

I felt it last night, last for a second or few. Rumblinmg shaking, would have forgotten all about it if BBC news wasn't my homepage.

Part of me was deeply worried but the bigger part of me hoped it wasn't happening and went back to sleep.

I'm in Durham, North East England.

TordelBack

Damnit people, has 2000AD taught you nothing?  When disaster strikes, you should be out there on the streets with your shootahs looting and/or executing looters, not wasting time with the Interweb.  

Devons Daddy

they have been quite common around here for a while.
recently i was home. i live on the 18th floor. the lamps swayed.

but worst of all the internet went down!
i am told the feeling is akin  to a woman having the ultimate sexual release.
 or for us receiving the weekly prog and megazine in the same package
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Matt Timson

Weirdest sensation of my bones and teeth rattling as it woke me up!

Mrs Jeb was pushing me out of bed and demanding that I 'rescue' mini-Jeb while it was still going on.  Mrs Jeb was terrified and shaking like a leaf for about 10 minutes.  Mini-Jeb snored the whole time.

Pffft...

Dunk!

I thought it was the couple next door having amazing make up sex after the huge row they'd been pursuing all evening. It ended before i had chance to bang on the wall and complain so i went back to sleep only to awake to this earthquake news.

I've experienced 3 earthquakes since moving to the West Midlands and they've all been at night. Is there a reason for this?
"Trust we"

SamuelAWilkinson

I also thought it might've been some kind of uber-sex, although that hypothesis dissolved when I noticed my bed was slowly inching around the room and I remembered I don't know anyone who's shagging a pneumatic drill.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Steve Green

I felt it in London, although didn't realise what it was at the time.

I just felt like I was involuntarily spasming - woke up and put it down to a weird dream, and went back to sleep.

- Steve

Peter Wolf

Still didnt notice anything.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dan Kelly

Was woken up by the missus last night going "What the hell" and caught the last few seconds.  Thought it was high wind, or the neighbours and promptly fell back to sleep.

Quite glad she woke me really, as I was quite disappointed to not feel one in California last year... although I did have a mild panic when I realised that our LA bedroom was on the 28th floor in an earthquake zone!

scutfink

My whole f'kin house shook up here in Bolton, I thought something had blown up.

Had a lengthy MSN chat with my mate at the other end of town, trying to figure out if IT had started (FYI the Spanish were staying neutral for the duration of the conflict...)

I was well dissapointed when I woke up this morning and there was no looting to be done...

Wils

I slept through it, but woke up at quater past two busting for a piss. This was obviously a side effect of the seismic energy of teh earthquake and GMTV are devoting all of tomorrow's programme to my bladder and will be interviewing people to ask them what it feels like when *they* need a piss.