Max Kon

Quirkafleeg

My feedback's nudging 500 now...

Devons Daddy

bloody brillant
and hitting the inbox of many a buddy.

great link there board.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Queen Firey-Bou

ha !

bloody ebay is being as slow as hell & keeps crashing for me , is it cos everyone else on the planet is christmas shopping too ?

"tell me whyyy?"

House of Usher

I got my first negative feedback yesterday. Some idiot got tetchy because I still hadn't paid after 11 days. In mitigation, I've been busy, I've tried to pay by PayPal at home 3 times and it wouldn't work, and I didn't receive any reminders from the seller, so I thought they were cool with the delay. Now he says he's been sending emails. But to leave negative feedback after 11 days, for an amount like ?2.70 is just ridiculously petty.
STRIKE !!!

Wake

I hope you haven't left him relatiatory feedback. If your email wasn't working so you haven't received reminders, plus your PayPal wasn't working, plus you didn't email him to apologise for the delay then I'm afraid I think he was justified, regardless of the amount. The seller _may_ have spent a reasonable amount of time trying to contact you, and may wish that he hadn't bothered trying to sell a low value item on eBay now.

You can post a follow-up to your own feedback to apologise and say that you were having PayPal problems.

Cheers,

Wake

Wake

On a related note, my only neutral feedback came from a buyer who complained that he didn't get his item when I said he would get it. This may have been correct (I got to the post room a few days after I said I would) but he still got his item before his cheque had cleared!

My only negative was a retaliation from someone who got suspended a few days later (with about 7 negatives for non-payment)

Cheers,

Wake

House of Usher

Of course I left retaliatory feedback. The seller had 90 days in which to leave feedback, but gave up on my payment rather quickly, I think. It's a situation I've not encountered before in 400 transactions as both buyer and seller. If he's got money to waste on listing fees and commission charges, that's his prerogative. It's not as if leaving negative feedback is going to speed up payment.

I don't know enough about how email works to understand how this guy's emails would have trouble getting through when nobody else seems to have been having the same trouble.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Poised to pay, I was.    Poised !
STRIKE !!!

Matt

Gotta admit I'm pretty quick off the mark when it comes to giving negative feedback. What really annoys me is when somebody bids at the last minute and wins an auction, I monitor my auctions closing, so I'll send an invoice out within a minute of the auction ending. I only accept Paypal payments now, so it cheeses me off when somebody who is using eBay at that moment in time then takes 14 days to pay! Why not pay when you put in the bidding win dickhead, it was only an extra button click or two. I'm so strict now, but that's down to having being so royally ripped off selling in the past.

Banners

I'm waiting on someone who won ?150 worth of Punisher comics last Sunday and who has now mysteriously vanished. Grr.....

M@

House of Usher

Maybe I'm cutting my buyers too much slack by not dishing out negative feedback left, right and centre for slow payment?
STRIKE !!!

Matt

If they don't pay within 7 days, and then don't respond to emails or reminders then why not leave negative feedback. I had one guy accuse me of being harsh after I posted negative feedback, claiming he'd being in hospital. Funny how he was able to email me within 20 minutes of posting the feedback, but had being completely unable to use paypal just before that. And I have to admit, I find the worse offenders for non-paying bidders all come from my comic/graphic novel auctions.

Wake

It's slow payment plus lack of communication that annoys sellers. I very rarely give negative feedback, and probably wouldn't after two weeks, but I might well after three if the buyer wasn't responding to emails and payment reminders.

Wake