Main Menu

2000AD beat 'em up

Started by LARF, 27 January, 2005, 08:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Krustis thread got me thinking, lady judges beating everyone up etc.

How about rebellion doing a 2000AD Tekken style beat 'em up?

I'd play it.

What do you reckon and who should be in it?

Satanist

As long as it was better than that shit star wars one. Masters of Terras Kasi was it?

When it comes to beat em ups I cant see past Soul Callibur
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Jared Katooie

I'd prefer to see a side-scrolling beat 'em up in the vein of River city ransom or Streets of rage.

Rebellions experience lies outside of these areas though so it's unlikely.

Wils

I'd prefer to see a side-scrolling beat 'em up

Like the unfinished and unreleased Dredd arcade game that you can play on MAME?

WoD

I couldn't get the thing to run on MAME...every copy was corrupted.

Carlsborg Expert.

GTA Mega-City, now that is the ass-kicker.

Imagine..

opaque

Ooooh :)
Thats much more the sort of Dredd world game I want to play.
Even just driving around for ages without doing any missions or anything would be great fun.
Appeal to a wider audience surely.

raspberry reich

gta dredd would be great. it would be kool just going around arresting people and riding a motorbike around mega city one in real time.
rebellion should make a game like that.

Floyd-the-k

you should have the option of being Judge Manners (pre-death obviously)

Steamboy

nah, can't play any beatemup but Soul Calibur anymore they all seem so stilted and wrong(don't get me started on the dial a combo system in the Tekken Games).
GTA Mega City been mentioned befor and would be a really cool idea but I think Mega City's just a bit too big to strusture properly, How but you shrink it down to a few sectors, maybee not even play Dredd maybe you could be a perp, chuck it online and I could see Block Wars developing for certain(the way Guilds pop up in all these online games). They always say the strength of the strip isn't Dredd but Megacity One, you could have cameos from Dredd, Rico, Demarco, Point & Clique whole host of em. Mini games like Skyboarding, Boinging the list goes on and on(even a Bite Fight arena for the beatem up fans).

CU Krestel

Max Kon

I just misread that as 'kurtis' thread' and was wondering who the hell Kurt was. I'd like a Street fighter style beat'em up set in MC1

Matt

I would love to see GTA: Mega City One, but only if it was produced by Rockstar Games. Rebellion games just don't seem to be genre defining. Lets face it, how many times have they reskinned Aliens vs Predator? Four Legged Vampires in Mega City One?!? C'mon it was bleedin' obvious!

Satanist

I've got the Dredd game & am about half way through it. I just cant be arsed going back to it as theres much better stuff out there and I dont have the time or inclination.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DavidXBrunt

You'd have to have Dredd, obviously. You;d need some of the big stars like Rogue, Johnny, Dante and a few other fun characters like Giant from the Harlem Heores, Devlin Waugh and a few eccentrics along the lines of Shako, Mad Tommy from Bad Company, Demon Jenny and maybe even the Gronk. I'd love a game like this.

Noisybast

Hadoken, dear boy...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/noisybast/mnmvsgay.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!