Main Menu

Losers

Started by Proudhuff, 01 February, 2005, 10:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Just noticed the collected first sixteen (?)issues of Losers were in the Comic shoppe in two trade paper paperbacks and Issue Nineteen is oot as well

Huffee
DDT did a job on me

Matt

Cheers, this would've passed me by. Just put my order in on amazon. now I'll have to reread anti-up to refresh my memory.

Wils

This is sadly the only comic I've ever cancelled after just one issue. Although I'm sure it's great for those who like this kind of story and writing style, it's just not my thang.

Dan Kelly

Aren't the 2 trades 6 issues each?

i.e. 1-6 and 7-12?

Which means that v3 should be OK.

Dan

thrillpowerseeker

I bought Ante-up ....it was shite

looks like Diggle hoping to appeal to a Film Studio and the big bucks buy out

NecroClown

I've recently started buying The Losers again, jumped back on a few months a go with the Afghan drug camp story. I can see why people wouldn't dig it, but for me it's like a modern A-Team without the jive talking (the one negative of the whole comic).

Plus the art makes me want to sell my house and devote my life to buying Losers pages.

The Amstor Computer

"It's like a modern A-Team without the jive talking"

...but with added shitty, stereotypical Arab and Muslim characters, plus the apparently-obligatory Tough Muslim Girl In A Man's World!

Adrian Bamforth

Great art of course but the trouble I have with this kind of thing is the reliance on people pointing guns at each other every page. The good thing about Tarantino is people usually react realistic i.e. vulnerable with guns around which adds to the drama and put it above dumb Rambo type action.

Still, it's not superheros so good for Diggle and Jock if he's made it a success, just wish there's a bit more human drama.

ADE  

Steamboy

Got Ante up a couple of months ago and quite liked it, awsome art and a nice conspiricy story line. might get me self V2 next time i'm in Perth. Definatly see the comparisons some people draw to the A-Team but come on it's brought up in the first issue(I think)the Losers were an A-Team so

CU Krestel

NecroClown

It's a lazy comparison sure, but it's the most accurate.

Darren Stephens

Got the first collection, but meh. Not great. The art saves it from utter shitedom.
Darren.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Quirkafleeg

"Jock, can you sign these for us"
"But I thought you didnt like the Losers, Gary?!"
"I don't. I'm flogging them on ebay."

jock

Jock, can you sign these for us"
"But I thought you didnt like the Losers, Gary?!"
"I don't. I'm flogging them on ebay."

how we laughed.

GordonR

Remind me.  Was this before or after he physically assaulted you?

Trout

Rats. I think you put "For Mike" on mine.

I was pleased with that, but now I'm annoyed I can't sell it on eBay.

I demand you send me free original art, Jock!

- Trout ;-)