Main Menu

Absolute Watchmen

Started by Mike Carroll, 05 April, 2005, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I have to say, from the sample of those graded tones on the people's faces, that I don't see the reason for that sort of change, they may as well change it all.

I couldn't justify buying the LOEG super editions, I mean they aren't that astounding stories.  But Watchmen and V I would be very tempted by.

Quirkafleeg

To be honest although it looks more professional I prefered the older style 'hard' edges on the colours too

Art

Before:

http://www.turmoilcolour.com/awm01b.jpg">

After:

http://www.turmoilcolour.com/awm01a.jpg">

I'll go for "BEFORE" - "AFTER" looks a bit wank to me. Still, it's the kind of computer jiggery pokery the kids dig these days, apparently.

Bolt-01

Watchmen is a srip of it's time. It is a thumping good story with exemplary storytelling and art.

Credit to Higgins for doing the re-colouring but I'm afraid it smacks of milking the cash cow.

I'll be sticking to my worn and beaten Titan book, though I've got the Graphitti designs hardback for longevity.

Bolt-01

Matt

Yet another DC reprint to ensure the rights don't fall back to the rightful owner, Alan Moore. Bastards.

Art

I think they own it outright don't they? When asked Moores attitude seems to be that he doesn't give two shakes of a dead dogs cock.

paulvonscott

No, the agreement was that if it ever went out of print (for a year) Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons would own it.  It hasn't, and it they don't.

It's okay for Bolt to complain about this edition, but not many people have the Graphiti edition, and I'm certainly tempted.

Art

Interesting. But surely they don't need any wacky new editions to do that?

paulvonscott

No, they don't, I imagine the regular edition will be in print anyway.

But the success of the LOEG editions has probably resulted in them doing this, I don't really understand how it's a gimmick.

If I had the money, I'd buy Watchmen and V for Vendetta in this format (extra size and script).  Not sure I'd buy any other comic books like this though.

Byron Virgo

I agree with Paul on this one.

Interestingly, I believe part of this paroject is what was salvaged from the Watchmen anniversary edition, which was all ready bar the printing a few years back, but had the kybosh put to it after DC managed to piss Moore off yet again over sensoring Promethea, The Cobweb and some other silly corportate hijinks.

Art

Did the lost Girls GN ever appear?

Floyd-the-k

"BEFORE" looks so much like "AFTER" there`s no way I`m buying another. If it`s large size, hardback or whatever, it might make a nice birthday present I suppose.

yours non-artistically