Main Menu

General Election

Started by GordonR, 20 April, 2005, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

I haven't voted in the last few elections, and wasn't going to vote in this one either.  All that's now changed.

Just heard the alarming news on Radio 2 - if the Conservatives get in, Phil Collins is threatening to move back to Britain.

Vote anything but Tory - hell, even vote Labour - and keep the UK a Collins-free zone.  You know it makes sense.

Matt

I can hear him callin' in the air tonight...

GordonR

In the run-up to the 1997 election, I remember Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Paul Daniels both saying they would be leaving the country if Labour got in.

The day after the election, one of the tabloids sent a removal van round to Lloyd-Webber's house, to ask him if he needed any help packing.

Lying bastards are still here, I see.

longmanshort

Something along the lines of "Would the last person to leave Britain please punch Phil Collins' lights out?!" ;)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

McNulty

In the run-up to the 1997 election, I remember Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Paul Daniels both saying they would be leaving the country if Labour got in.

I remember when Paul Daniels was on Room 101 Paul Merton called him on that. Daniel's answer was that he was misquoted and he actually said he would leave the country if Labour got in and then did this, that and the next thing, something that according to Daniels, they didn't do. He went on to say that the present Labour government bore a striking resemblence to the previous Conservative government.

Trust a magician to have something up his sleeve...  

Quirkafleeg

I seem to remember 'Mad' Frankie Bruno saying much the same thing...

Byron Virgo

"if the Conservatives get in, Phil Collins is threatening to move back to Britain."

You been talking to the Gallagher brothers?