Main Menu

Prog 1447: Something Wicked...

Started by Funt Solo, 11 July, 2005, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Fate --

Mm. I definitely think there's a hint there that the powers of Hell and the British establishment have a bargain of sorts, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Absolam's team are some kind of demonic Sweeney.

Max Kon

this.style.textDecoration='none'; this.style.fontWeight='normal'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='pointer'">spoilers

Max Kon

messed that up
this.style.textDecoration='none'; this.style.fontWeight='normal'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='pointer'">just testing

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Kon

hay, first rule of web fu, don't tell anybody about web fu.

second rule of web fu, if it's done already nick it

Bolt-01

Swearengen

>Overall Andy Currie cannot, or is not, putting a foot wrong with the series.

I'd have to disagree, it looks like he's painted the series whilst watching tv and its been very lack lustre from the start. Gordon Rennie gets the chance to put his mark on Dredd's world and they couldnt get one of the better Dredd artists to work on it.

Max Kon

just trying to get 'spoiler' tags so that they don't show till clicked on
this.style.textDecoration='none'; this.style.fontWeight='normal'" onMouseOver="this.style.cursor='pointer'">123

Dark Jimbo

>Overall Andy Currie cannot, or is not, putting a foot wrong with the series...

Well, previously to this story I'd have agreed with you. I genuinely liked his style and all the Dredds he'd done (er... the exact stories escape me now) and like I said earlier, most of the early parts of this.

It just suddenely seems to have deteriorated badly in the last two or three parts, I duuno, maybe Currie had start rushing it for some reason (it certainly looks that way). I think the story could have been handled better, not necessarily by one of the premier Dredd artists (although that's a given) but certainly by one who can stay consistent from one end of a story to the other.
@jamesfeistdraws

Byron Virgo

"it looks like he's painted the series whilst watching tv"

Just to needlessly point out that the artwork is actually drawn, as opposed to having been painted.

"I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Absolam's team are some kind of demonic Sweeney."

Bastard's stealing my ideas again!

Get out of my head, Rennie!