Main Menu

Going to the big march this Sunday down Hyde Park?

Started by death monkey 23, 14 November, 2001, 01:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

I went to the last one and it was good while it was happening.  (London anti-war marches that is.)  The trouble is that it didn't get no public attention other than a couple of Sky news cameras and the occasional angry person who looks like Ariel Sharon shouting at us.  That was less than jake, I can tell you.  I was terrified for my young life.  If we want a proper protest it will happen on May Day but that's
TOO BLODDY LONG TO WAIT!  PEOPLE ARE DYING, MAN!  Don't you understand? ...people are dyin'...         man....

Thread Zero

Is it just me or are all Cheetah's posts here unrelated to 2k!:0)

scojo who is engaged to jane

W. R. Logan

>I went to the last one and it was good while it was happening.  (London anti-war marches that is.)  The trouble is that it didn[backslash]'t get no public attention other than a couple of Sky news cameras and the occasional angry person who looks like Ariel Sharon shouting at us.  That was less than jake, I can tell you.  I was terrified for my young life.  If we want a proper protest it will happen on May Day but that[backslash]'s
>TOO BLODDY LONG TO WAIT!  PEOPLE ARE DYING, MAN!  Don[backslash]'t you understand? ...people are dyin[backslash]'...         man....

Don't you just love bleeding heart liberals. it's easy to say I believe in love and peace and lets not hurt anyone, but have they the balls to really do anything.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

death monkey 23

I reckon Logan IS Judge Dredd.  Or maybe Gabe Logan out of that shit game, Syphon Filter.  
Anyway Gabe what are YOU doing about worldwide bad things.

Eh?

nathan

Monkey Boy,

WR Logan has already done plenty about "worldwide bad things", probably more than most of us ever will.

N

Mk13

:Logan has already done plenty about "worldwide bad things", probably more than most of us ever will....

Yeah, well he has got retractable adamantium claws and a virtually indestructible body. Personally I think that gives him an unfair advantage...

Thread Zero

Daeth Monkey,

Excuse my ignorance, but is this march against the US/UK assault on Afghanistan?

The funny thing about this conflict is that before Sept 11, no one cared about Afghanistan or the taliban! Now both the US and UK are on some moral crusade to liberate the people from this evil regime!

Here's some interesting facts I have discovered.

1] Afghanistan is the largest producer of opium in the world. The opium is extracted from vast poppy fields. It is refined and sent to the west as heroin where its price rockets in value. Apparently 90% of all heroin in the UK comes from Afghanistan.

I read that the United Nations put a ban on the sale of opium from Afghanistan last year (how you can ban something that is illegal already, I don't know!) and even though it is claimed the taliban's stockpile of drugs is a legitimate war target for the US and UK,  the poppy fields are not!
So the west fights terrorism but does not fight the war against drugs, which probably brings more misery and death to people worldwide than any terrorist could.

2] The CIA funded Binliner Laden in the 1980's with stinger missiles etc, to fight Soviet occupation of the country.

The hypocrisy of the west is incredible.

It's a funny old world!

scojo the corrupt politician