Main Menu

DREDD HELMET

Started by jock, 07 April, 2007, 12:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

seen this wake? any news on your version?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Judge-Dredd-costume-helmet-2000-AD-comic-book_W0QQitemZ280102005916QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">ebay

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/97/33/8307_1.JPG">

COMMANDO FORCES

That's right tell everyone.
I suppose this will sky rocket now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulvonscott

I believe Wake's has four bars on the respirator, so probably not his.

I'll have to see on this helmet business.  If it looked as good as the badge and the stars were right...

Cheers

Paul

ThryllSeekyr

Found another good game whilst looking for demos to play. Well, whilst it's not exactly a new concept, as this looks just alot like the latest version of 'Settlers' in appearance and style. It did have one or two innovastive ideas that I found to good not to pass up on downloading thsi demo. It's a RTS called 'Ancient Wars Sparta' . Where you get a choice of playing Egypt, Persia or Sparta. Basically it's the same drill. As you get your lowly workers to chop down trees for wood, hunt or build farms for food, and mine gold for money and then get then to build other buildings to make warriors, and for further research. The difference here, is that the graphics are really well detailed as you can zoom in real close on everthing. The animated fighting is well passable. Just on par with what I had seen in the Warhammer 'Mark of Chaos' game. It's nowhere interesting as Warhammer' Dawn of War', though. Theres not speical killing moves, no bodies being picked up off the ground and thrown aside or spurting geysers of bloood. It's just stand there and fight. The advancements made in this game are that weapons, and sheilds can be picked off the dead bodies to be re-used by your own army wether or not they are from the bodies of the your men or the enemy. This looks cool just to see the Persians fighting with Egyptian weapons. The Warriors are more customised when you build the Warriors hall, and Firing Range where you can choose to assign a primary weapon, secondary weapon and shield to each unit that is trained. I guess the difference between a fully armed unit, and one that has been only given one weapon or just a sheild or is using what that could pick up off the ground is the cost of training. I'm not so sure of the merits of primary secondary weapons, as it is the warriors that have secondary missle weapons, while the archers have secondary melee weapons. If you so choose them to. On closer inspection, I'm not too sure if the units changed from prime to second weapons according to how close they are standing to the enemy.

One thing, I did really like is the amount of detail that has been thrown into the sea going vessels. Each war galley and transport vessel comes with their own crew of slaves to row the vessel. The War Galley has two ballista men, fore and aft. Then there's a bunch of slots that can be filled by Warriors and Archers. Archers come in handy for strafing enemy ships and warrior come handy when grappeling and boarding them. This is the best part of the game. Just like in the movies. When the enemy ships are weakened enough. They can be grappeled and boarded. Here, you get to watch your galley or your transport as it swings up along side them and throw ropes over. Next the Melee fighters jump aboard to do battle with enemey crewmen. If you win, you end up hoisting your flag on their ship and takin it over.

I'm not sure if any other game has this much detail. Other wise it's just a hotted version of 'Settlers'. As the buildings and the chracters are rendered in a style mnost related to what is the trademark look for the original game. The plot for this game is of course based on those historical battles with just a hint of fantacy thrown in.

The demo has one campaign mission for each race.

Another game demo I downloaded was 'Dawn of Magic'. The story about a powerful demonic entity being
imprisoned in the body of human baby on our world by it's own kind.  This is only for hundred years, where at the end of this amount of time. It will die a mortal death and then be able to return. Though,
 being resentful for being imprisoned, this entity in  mortal guise becomes a powerful and evil wizard with plans on destroying it's prison. Our world. In this game you are playing a magic weilding character, that can choose to side with him, choose to fight against him or stay neutral. Though I'm not sure that last one would be much of a game.  This game actaulley looks alot like and plays abit like that other game I brought up weeks before called 'Silverfall'. Both games are clones of 'Diablo'. Except the graphics are well rendered and not cell-shaded. Actualley the graphics are probably the best thing about this game as I started up the tutorial. My chosen character is standing in L-shaped building in the cloister outside a classroom ready to learn the fundamentals of magic. If your machine's up to it and the graphics card is powerful enough you should notice the stone texture of the walls, the tiles on the floor, the engraving of a nude woman, the soft interior lighting, the trees outside look good with their red, orange, yellow, green leaves, some falling to the ground. The pathway that winds through the parkland and outside into the real forest. The place where you are standing is called the 'Avon Academy of Magic' ( I thought this this was the brand name for a popular cosmetic company.) If you go to the first town via the portal and walk around. You will truly appreciate that the amount of details that have gone into the building exteriors, the townfold walking and standing around, the light of the sun as it pass's through the sky, casting long shadows as the day turns to night, walking the pathways of this town often marked by chopped wood or ceramic tiles. The sound of bird song.
Sadly this is the best part of the game as I didn't know wether my computer was runnning this game real slow or the character I chose was supposed to move so slowly in a dream like fashion. Way too slowly. You need alot of patience get from A to B in this game. In some of the other locations, you may have noticed that despite how great everything looks. There is something not quite right. I may be just the placment
of everything. The trees, and rock formations in the desert around a old mining town. Maybe the design consultants of the game went alittle too crazy and over the top as the setting was beginning to look like one of the exterior settings from
the old SCFI series 'Lost in Space'. Isn't it strange how enemy goblins, packs of Coyote, dog sized scorpians and termites will stand montionless. Only t moving towards you once you are a few yards from them. Well, I think it's time that the programmer adopt a different approach to how monster AI works in these type of games. I thought the tutorial was abit lame.  I think it was the first one where your magic-user is teleported to a small island to just do a
map using excercise. Where they have to move from the teleportal to where there is a green arrow marked on the minimap. Sort of like orienteering, and you will notice right away that all you need to do is follow everybody else. The second or third tutorial has your
character teleport across three small islands to get to the teleportal taking your character back the to the class room. The first two islands are only seperated by ankle deep water ( Which can't even be waded through.) and the last island has a small barricade that looks easy enough to make a small jump over, though your character doesn't even have this capability. I think this has more to do with a wizards inability to do physical labour than anything else.

What I thought was most interesting about this game
 was that your character can choose three schools out of a possible nine schools of magic. After awhile of using these chosen spheres of magic your character will begin to exihibit the physical traits of their most used sphere of magic. Be that Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Curse, Summoning, Light, Dark, Alchemy. For instance, alot of Earth mages begin to look like trees after awhile.

There really isn't anything else in this game that I haven't seen in another game and I would really only buy this one if I was fanatic of the 'Diablo' style of point and click genre.

Link: http://www.ancientwarssparta.com/" target="_blank">Nice Boats:)

http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9FJqF8JIRhG2BgAdlcW5gt./SIG=134hut34q/EXP=1176072841/**http%3A//www.pcpointer.de/pics_2005/sparta_ancientwars/sparta_ancientwars_big1.jpg">

Max Kon

wake also doesn't live in Dayton Ohio, so i doubt it's his :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

I feel curiously protective of Wake.

The lawgiver looks double plus ungood. And since when did it fire "anasthetic" bullets and have a safety switch?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Judge-Dredd-lawgiver-replica-2000-AD-comic-book_W0QQitemZ280102610106QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">lawgiver

http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/97/93/53ca_1.JPG">
Lock up your spoons!

johnnystress

I like that! was this mass produced? Ive not seen it before

Mangamax

Helmets alright, albiet the nose guards are too long, the badge too big and wrong shade of blue, but the gun????
Looks like someone's bunged a 50's gas meter onto a air pistol and glued a belt buckle on the underside.
I'm all for amateur efforts but, if you're gonna then sell them on, at least try and make it accurate.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

johnnystress

"Looks like someone's bunged a 50's gas meter onto a air pistol and glued a belt buckle on the underside. "

hah- that s what I like about it-its like something from Dan dare

jock

i know it's not wake's - i just thought he may be interested to see someone else's 3D efforts...

Mangamax

Right, i'm off to Wilkensons for a blue bucket, cut the front out and sticking a cheese grater on the front.

johnnystress

I'm thinking of putting this into production- any preorders?  Â£1.75  or £2.50 with respirator

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/johnnystress/Lawman.jpg">

dweezil2

That's really good! Practical too!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

A friend was telling me that someone around Wilts/Oxfordshire contacted rebellion about doing a full Dredd costume, to sell/hire.

I think it was the movie one though...

- Steve

Mangamax

Thats my bloody bucket!
How DARE you beat me to it - i'm too busy right now strapping 4 loaves of bread sprayed gold onto the left shoulder of my lycra bodysuit to get down to the shops