Main Menu

Blending

Started by Floyd-the-k, 12 January, 2008, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

I like UA. I like the Rolling Stones.  
  Lately I've been playing alternating tracks from both whilst driving. Somehow each makes the other more enjoyable.  
  Does anyone else do this? If not, which two musicians would go together this way?

Link: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYEm8bI4wk" target="_blank">you've probably heard the Stones already...

TordelBack

Thanks for that link, Floyd - never heard of her, I love the C&W electro-twanging in the background!  I regularly mix two albums together on my playlists, possibly a legacy of the  two-sided C-90s of the '80's that have forever linked Sinead O'Connor with Lou Reed in my mind, a current favourite being Tom Waits' amazing Bone Machine cut with equal parts Undertones Chocolate and Girls.   Bouncy and jangly at the same time!

Peter Wolf

not quite what you mean but quite often
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

What the hell happened there ??

Things have been a bit like that today.[A f****** nightmare to be more exact]Anyway  i do this a lot with music as it adds a bit of variety to it.I have quite a lot of lps that i only like one or two tracks on each so it would be good to compile my own cds with a very mixed list of tracks.

Also just playing a cd on the random playlist makes all the difference as well.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Max Kon

Billie Hughes and Tears for Fears.

aussiemike

i hope someone can help me, im trying to find the refernce to a page i once saw where dredd assess the value of your vote in an election, it was ironic and funny, it may only have been a one pager and not a full story

the shutdown man

I used to make loads of mix cds, but since I got my mp3 player, and it became so easy just to pile hundreds of cds on there and flick between the tracks I wanted, I don't really make the cds anymore. But I still have them, and the love and care that went into them remain.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.