Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 16 October, 2012, 01:19:30 PM
It really is a great advert for the comics.

That's a much better way of putting it!

Goaty

THIS what Master TordelBack says!

dracula1

On on more cheerier note he is a real  picture which may have influenced tuhe look of the big Meg  in our beloved movie.

jock

Quote from: dracula1 on 16 October, 2012, 01:30:55 PM
On on more cheerier note he is a real  picture which may have influenced tuhe look of the big Meg  in our beloved movie.
i used some similar shots as the basis for a view of the Meg, funnily enough. it was deemed too 'fantasy' for production, but i had a soft spot for the look --

http://www.4twenty.co.uk/movies/judge-dredd-movie/mega-city-1-from-above/

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 October, 2012, 10:01:02 AM
They won't though. It's a hard truth that most people here seem to be unwilling to take on board. It was a business venture. It failed. Like it or not, and I loved the movie, there will not be another one.

I'm fairly happy living in denial  :D. Surely that's what everyone thought after Judge Dredd, but then along came Dredd which kicked ass. I'm a young guy, I can wait 17 years for another one.

James Stacey

Curse you and the youth on your side

MR. ELIMINATOR

Or a new Dredd video game would be pretty swell.

Goaty

Wow...
you are the master, Jock!

dracula1

Thanks for those insights Jock your concept work on the movie has been outstanding  :)

IndigoPrime

A pity there's no way of getting more of this out there, in print. The 1995 film got that art of Dredd book; this time, a few bits and bobs online. Such a pity we couldn't magic a Meg floppy full of concept art.

Stan

Quote from: GordonR on 16 October, 2012, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: Stan on 16 October, 2012, 01:25:33 AM
So if distribution rights are sold to Lionsgate for $7 million, I'm assuming the production companies themselves still get a cut of the box office? Considering the cinemas themselves get roughly half(ish), it must be a small cut of the overall pie.

That $7 million is what the film's UK distributor is supposed to have paid. (And have hence taken a fairly hefty loss so far on their investment.) Lionsgate was the film's US distributor, and would presumably have paid a lot more.

Whoops. Clearly I misremembered the Wiki page I was reading about three seconds prior.

Though that kinda bolsters the point I was making elsewhere (which lead me to the Wiki in the first place). The actual production companies don't need to recoup a massive loss. It's distributors who need to be convinced that a sequel is worthwhile. I'm hoping that in the delusional la la land me and Chuck Sixpackman live in a great performance on DVD, in which people suddenly realise they missed out on something really really cool looking, will convince a couple of big boys that Dredd has a second wind.

Goaty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 October, 2012, 03:30:47 PM
A pity there's no way of getting more of this out there, in print. The 1995 film got that art of Dredd book; this time, a few bits and bobs online. Such a pity we couldn't magic a Meg floppy full of concept art.

And we get featured in the film! How amazed was that?

Gonk

What do you plan to do between Dredd no.1 and Dredd no.2? That's a few years to play around in. I have heard that "War and Peace" is a good read.

I might get hold of some slo-mo and try to read it, by the time I've finished it, I'll be ready for the next Dredd film.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Youll be ready, but the film wont,  :(

No, stop it - positive thoughts only.

dweezil2

When I win the Euromillions I'm going to bankroll the sequel myself!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo